Going bald, how to deal with it?

To start off, I'm not some guy losing his hair in his mid 30's, I just turned twenty, and the hair is practically coming out by the fistful when I take showers. I am a pretty average looking guy, and the hair loss doesn't show a lot yet, but I know where its going, and I'll probably be getting there sooner than later.

Question for Girls: How much does this matter to girls? Is it a big turn off when you can see a guy is going bald, especially if he is around your age? For girls with boyfriends, how big of an issue would it be for you if your boyfriend starting balding?

Question for Guys: I know some of you out there have gone through the same thing, whether at my age or later. Is there some way to make it look, if not good, then at least acceptable, or decent? I'm talking about what you can do with what hair you have left here, both while you are going bald, and after. Also any helpful tips or experiences you could share?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if you're the same guy who asked this question before. If you're not, here's my story. I started balding at 25 and soon after started shaving my head. Some girls just don't like bald; it's just something you have to live with. Look at it this way, some girls don't like long hair, some girls don't like curly hair others like striaght, etc.. The numbers kind of all work out the same. The same number of girls are going to like you shaved will be the same number of girls that liked your goofy hair style. The numbers don't change; it's just a new set of girls.

When I fist started balding, I thought it was the end but nothing really changed. I didn't have a problem getting dates before, and I didn't have problems getting dates after. My pictures are in my profile if you want to see a normal guy with a shaved head. I like being bald, much less work, and I never have a bad hair day! Thinking back; I was much more self conscious with hair, wondering how does my hair look? I'm now 36, engaged to a beautiful woman, and I haven't thought "how does my hair look in a long time?" Being bald does have its perks!

What Girls Said 3

• I experienced hair loss and researched the best vitamins to combat the problem. Then some one told me that a product named Reloxe included all the safe vitamins etc. that stimulated hair growth. I tried it and they were right! Worked in about 3 months. I thought I was going bald but I'm glad to found Reloxe which Stopped me from having to buy 10 or more different kinds of vitamins per month. LOL

Prenatal vitamins are densely packed with vitamins and nutrients that aid in hair growth as well as skin and overall health.

• I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 25. He's got a fairly noticeable receding hairline. I can honestly say it has never bothered me. I like to think there is more to a guy than just his hair.

• Well, balding has to do with genes so you can ask some male relative when (and how) they went bald so you know what is coming.

I personally don't care much because if you love a person, you love them whole, not only for their hair.

What Guys Said 4

• yeah, going bald is definitely an option, 2 brothers on my family already went that way and I will probably follow.

what you have to do to make it work though is make sure your ears don't lift you off when there's a breeze, maybe get an earjob

also there is hair-transplantation if you a) have the money and b) are balding only partially

i heard there are numerous products with caffeine that can slow the process but so far I haven't used them, combing your hair towards the front versus towards the back can also help you out in the immediate future and longer hair can be used in certain hairdos...

oh well good luck to another high-testosterone-male out there...

• I've always heard that when balding, the best option is to just "do it right" and shave your head COMPLETELY BALD XD. I must say that on most men, it DOES look better than those monk-hairdos they tend to have (or god forbid, a comb over O_o).. Then again, I'm no girl, so... ;p

Then again.. You might just have a vitamin deficiency :P. Maybe just check the doctor or something..

• Shave it! It worked for me :-)

• i would recomment getting a buzz ASAP, that way you can get used to having little hair while you still got it.