Can I wear red lipstick to a wedding?

My boyfriends friend is getting married. I'll be meet a lot of people for the first time. Is it acceptable to wear red lipstick to a wedding?

• yes, you can wear red lipstick
  • no , you shouldn't wear red lipstick

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and couple that with a sexy red dress so the bride feels intimidated so all eyes will be on you and the groom will ask you to dance, abandoning his bride at the alter, where you'll find out he's secretly a prince and he'll call for his helicopter and whisk you away to his Swiss chalet, just a summer home and you two will live happily ever after.

Or you can just wear red lip stick and go easy on the eyes don't make them too bright or make them stand out too much, just go light with makeup, and it'll be fine. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You can definitely wear red lipstick to a wedding :) Just don't wear a white dress and a veil, haha.

What Guys Said 26

• On the prowl, are we? I don't see why it would be an issue. Even if it was a funeral, I doubt it would be seen too terribly inappropriate. Just don't wear a wedding dress, and you're good.

• You CAN do whatever you want, but you should not do anything that could possibly have the unintended effect of drawing attention to yourself and away from the bride. Is it THAT big of a deal to wear something a little more muted?

• My outfit is pretty muted so i thought the lips would be a good touch

• Of course I haven't seen it so I would defer to your judgment on that matter. Obviously you understand the basic principle - don't upstage the bride - so I'm sure that whatever you do will be fine. Have fun!

• Thank you

• Vote 'A' - OFCOURSE you can 😕

• No it's impossible.

• Why wouldn't it be okay? I wasn't aware this is ever an issue.

• Sure but make it as subtle as you can, ie, don't put too much on or go with a shade that really stands out.

• Absolutely not it must be purple haha just kidding. Do whatever you like, make sure to hit on hot guys though they will appreciate it

• You can wear anything to a wedding as long as you don't wear a wedding dress lol

• No etiquette rules broken with you wearing red lipstick! :)

• It's my understanding that you shouldn't try to upstage the bride. But maybe that's only if you're a bride's maid? Weddings are stupid anyway.

• Thats what I was worried about. My boyfriend wants to wear a red shirt. I tried talking him out of it. I'm afraid if I wear red lipstick that as a couple we'll be too flashy

• I'm not sure why not.

• I don't see why not.

• think you can wear that ever you want.

• Fine by me

• Yup you can! :-)

• Whatever you think looks lovely on you. Exactly half the event is about you. :)

• yes you can

• You are going to a wedding, why would it be weird to not to?

• Yes, because red lipstick looks good

• Red lipstick is the worst. But sure you can.

• Yes, but just not too bright.

• Why would that not be acceptable? Who cares?

• I'm going to be meeting a lot of people for the first time and I don't want to seem flashy

• who told you, you couldnt?

• Why not? Depends on your complexion and what you are wearing there

• probably not

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 45

• It's fine!
    All you have to do is find balance.

So if you want to wear red lipstick, that's cool. Just go soft on the eye makeup.

stylecaster.com/beauty/eye-makeup-bold-lipstick/

That link has some tips and ideas.

I'm sure it will look awesome with your wedding dress! :)

• HELL YEAH u can!

• It's cool. Red lipstick looks great on people who can pull it off. I wish I could.
    My boyfriend is taking me to his friend's wedding soon, too! haha

• You just need to find the right shade! It might take some time, but there's a perfect red lipstick out there for everyone.

• I think it's fine..

• Sure you can!

• Yes... who cares.

• yes of course!!! red lipstick is just a classy colour

• I don't see why not. If red lipstick matches what you're wearing and goes well with the rest of your makeup, i don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable.

• Yes lol why not?

• Yes it's acceptable but but perhaps a nude colour would be better
    It really spends on the dress code or what purify your wearing

• Yes, anyone can wear any colour they want

• Sure you can

• Yes of course it is, it's a special occasion and red lips are perfect. just don't go too wild with the eyes

• Just out of respect for bride I would never personally wear red lipstick or any bright lipstick. Nor would I wear bright coloured clothing. I like to stay neutral for weddings.

• Of course it's perfectly acceptable, just don't make it too bright that's all.
    Hope you have a really lovely day at the wedding.

• Thank you! I'm just worried about looking too flashy since I'll be meeting a bunch of people for the first time.

• Wear whatever color lipstick you want, you shouldn't have to ask.

• You can wear red lipstick, but that'll make you stand out. If that's what you're looking forward to doing then yes wear red lipstick, but if not go with a more natural shade of lipstick and makeup, ones that match your skin tone.

• yea why not?

• Yeah why not? It's your face xD. No one else is gonna wear it!.

• Maybe a lighter shade of red but this isn't your day so tone it down

• Yes why not?

• Of course! Red lipstick is ideal for special occasions.

• Of course you can.

• It's just lipstick.

• If you look good in it and it compliments your outfit, then work it. Anyone who says red lipstick is inappropriate is a prude, it's 2016 and there's nothing wrong with looking your best.

• yes you can have fun

• Other than I hate red lipstick, I see no reason why not.

• Yes of course. Red lipstick looks classy.

• red lipstick sounds fine, but not to bright x

• Why not?

• More from Girls
    15