I get red dots/pimples every time I shave or epilate what to do?

Everytime I shave or epilate it results in me getting red pimples on my legs that get inflamed. They aren't even the normal razor bumps they are pimples that take months to actually go away.
I don't know what to do it's so embarassing and I've tried changing my razor blades and razor cream and everything nothing seems to work?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• im guessing your skin is sensitive in general, to any kind of procedure. to aid with that, make sure you're selecting products marked for sensitive skin. epilating is usually fine on all skin but if it's giving you that result, then try waxing as well, although i feel you may end up with the same result.

my biggest advice though is i feel that shaving is the worst option in this case. reason being is that each time you shave, you will be going over the previous bumps you have, and they will not heal like that.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• It's a reaction to the razor or the soap/whatever you use to shave. Change what you're using and see if something else works better.

• It's probably just because you're irritating your skin. Razors tend to be quite harsh on skin no matter how "gentle" it says they are on the label. You could always ask your pharmacist for any treatment suggestions.

• Try waxing instead, or maybe get your legs and bikini line done at the esthetician.

• Try using a sensitive hair removal cream that you wipe after a couple of minutes.