I want to dye my hair an "unnatural" color but I don't know if I want silver/grey or purple. Help?

Right now I'm trying to figure out what color I want. I really grey but my family is saying it wouldn't look right with my skin tone but I think it'll look great but I also want purple... My family said that it could work but I know a lot of people who went purple and I don't want to be the same.

Help

• Grey
  • Purple
  • Keep it black

Most Helpful Guy

• Purple is less extreme, might be a good idea if you're unsure about this. Google some images of girls with similar skin tones and see how they look with bright colours, that might help too.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Go for silver, it'd suit you if that's you in the picture, more so than purple.
    And my opinion totally isn't biased or anything.. ^.~

• Go silver! Purple's over done

• Keep it black , try highlights though.

• just do it all

• Grey looks really nice although I suggest getting highlights.

• I'd like purple more than grey, but ultimately it'll be up to you.

• Why not try bright pink

What Girls Said 16

• i'd say keep it black. I'm personally not a fan of purple hair. there's this model from england named nyane. OMG she pulls off silver and light purple unbelievably well, I don't know how.

LOOK AT HER OH MY LAWWWWDDD!
    66.media.tumblr.com/.../...vI7yn1qcytaoo1_1280.jpg
    http://data.whicdn.com/images/181349757/large.jpg
    i9.static-shopcade.com/.../instagrams-coolest

• I don't think grey would go with your skin tone. I think purple would look super good, judging by your profile photo... maybe if you're still iffy about it, start with purple lowlights. And if you like 'em, color all of your hair purple. Just keep in mind that it might not be an acceptable hair color for certain jobs... I've had that problem before.

• I totally love pastel purple hair!
    emiunicorn.com/.../pastel-purple-hair.jpg

If your hair is naturally dark make sure you keep your roots visible or maybe choose a darker purple tone if you don't wanna have visible roots - if you wanna go for grey I think dip dyes would be the best option ))

• Silver grey is a natural color. Well then go blue or green?

• It's not common for 21 year olds where I'm from.😊

• I went to school with a guy who was grey haired and my camp counselor once half her head was grey since birth. It was kind of cool but I wondered how could a baby be so stressed? Anyway I guess do what you see fit? Look at some hair color swatches get a funky ombré?

• I was going to dye my hair silver too!!! But here's the thing: silver hair requires more maintenance than pretty much every other hair color except for white. It will damage your hair. Quite possibly a lot. So you really have to know that you have the time and funds to keep it up or just don't care about how it looks as it fades.
    Purple is a lot easier for most people. Both are great colors.

• You should go to a hair store and try on a wig that is the same hair color that you want. It solves the problem of not knowing if it would work with your skin tone.

• purple hair sounds cool

• Hi! I voted keep it black because dye isn't too good for hair but if you want to dye it I suggest dying the tips grey.

• I had grey and it looks so good when roots grown out!

• I think purple will be really nice. I don't understand the grey hair thing. I spend so much time trying to get rid of my handful of grey hairs!

• How about you dye it a lavender color and then it will fade to grey over time so you will get both.

• I think purple would look great

• Grey wouldn't go well with your skin tone. Try purple or a very very dark blue.

• midnight blue (very very dark blue) with silver, grey or blue (regular) highlights

• You could always go a silvery purple colour? I've had it and got complimented shit loads :)

• Go for purple or keep it black.