Got a new bellybutton piercing 6 days ago. The holes are red , no puss, a rash and nothing else. Could it be rejecting or migrating?

Can someone please give me advice if it is rejecting or migrating? Could it be infected? There is not much pain in the area and sometimes itches... any answers?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is normal for new piercings to cause redness of skin in the first month or 2. My sister got a new ear-piercing recently and her ear swell up like crazy, but that was just normal.

If you got received some sort of cleaning/disinfectant fluid when you got the piercing, you can use that to prevent any swelling. If you didn't get that, go to a pharmacy and tell them about the redness around you piercing. Pharmacists are certified to help with minor problems like these and will know what to do/give you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have the rash looked at just in case you're having an allergic reaction to the metal. a little redness for a day or two is normal, not almost a whole week later.

I had my belly button pierced too by the way.

What Guys Said 2

• :3 i like bellybutton piercing my boyfriend has one he said he had the same thing happen to him when he got his. I wouldn't worry got any disinfectant for it?

• Sounds pretty normal. Keep cleaning it. Bellybutton heals slow, unfortunately.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's normal for there to be redness that shortly after getting a piercing. As long as it's not wet or anything, I think your fine.