Got a new bellybutton piercing 6 days ago. The holes are red , no puss, a rash and nothing else. Could it be rejecting or migrating?

Updates:
Can someone please give me advice if it is rejecting or migrating? Could it be infected? There is not much pain in the area and sometimes itches... any answers?

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• It is normal for new piercings to cause redness of skin in the first month or 2. My sister got a new ear-piercing recently and her ear swell up like crazy, but that was just normal.

If you got received some sort of cleaning/disinfectant fluid when you got the piercing, you can use that to prevent any swelling. If you didn't get that, go to a pharmacy and tell them about the redness around you piercing. Pharmacists are certified to help with minor problems like these and will know what to do/give you.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have the rash looked at just in case you're having an allergic reaction to the metal. a little redness for a day or two is normal, not almost a whole week later.

I had my belly button pierced too by the way.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• :3 i like bellybutton piercing my boyfriend has one he said he had the same thing happen to him when he got his. I wouldn't worry got any disinfectant for it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds pretty normal. Keep cleaning it. Bellybutton heals slow, unfortunately.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's normal for there to be redness that shortly after getting a piercing. As long as it's not wet or anything, I think your fine.

0|0
    0|0