Girls, first time applying concealar do I have to use foundation also or they are both the same thing?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to apply a little foundation before concealer, and a little foundation after. Concealer's used for covering specific scars or acne. Foundation's really more for leveling out your skin tone, but it also can be helpful for evening out the concealer so that it looks natural.

What Girls Said 4

• If you only have a few blemishes to cover up and the rest of your skin is clear, you could get away with just using concealer. However if you're looking for a fuller coverage and/or your skin is blotchy, use foundation as a base before applying concealer.

• Concealer is for small areas and can also be used for highlighting. Foundation is a base for the entire face.
    So no, concealer has a more opaque pigmentation. More coverage for a smaller area.

• So I can't use concealar to hide dark areas?

• No that's what it's for lol
      YouTube makeup tutorials! I think it'll clear things up.

• You dont have to use both. If you want a fuller coverage, go with a foundation. But if you only want to cover blemishes, use small amounts of concealer. Use both for a better results:)

• Also use foundation