What Do You Guys Think Of Hair Extensions And Weaves?

• They Are OK.
  • They Are Not That Great.
  • They Are Awesome

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how they're used. Most of the time, when i see a full on weave, its usually being worn by black women. I wouldn't have an issue with it if the hairstyles were kept afrocentric, but nine times out of ten they're straightened and used to look more caucasian and "acceptable". And then some of these girls will turn around and call cultural appropriation when a white person wants to rock an afrocentric hairstyle. It's usually an immediate turn-off for me when it comes to not only black women, but women in general... when its used excessively and in a way that isn't natural to the person. People can do whatever they want with their own hair, but if you're asking for my opinion, i generally find it to be unattractive

Most Helpful Girl

• Once upon a time I had really Wanted These... Just to Please.
    However, Like Anything, I Always do my Homework and found Out... Not so Great.
    Eventually, They Weaken your Own hair underneath, Should you want Them... Off.
    Very Costly Every month to have them Tightened, too.
    Good luck. xx

• *Asker... I never Got them and thought atthe time it might be something different, and I had a friend who I talked out of it when she learnd thr truth.. Go to the salon and find a style you can smile with. xx

• Okii ^^.

• Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 9

• It's funny because most people associate hair weave and extensions with being ghetto or whatever, when in actuality majority everyone use them. Whether it's to give hair a healthier look, thicker look, longer look, or to protect your hair from the elements (breakage, excessive styling, etc). So many reasons and possibilities!

• They are okay. Extension can look nice if they're good quality and inserted in the hair correctly, now of course growing out hair is a thousands times better than wearing extensions. I'd rather grow out my hair than have a short haircut and stick with extensions.

• I don't know why people wear them rather than going "au naturel" and rock their natural hair texture... its like you don't accept who you are and prefer to "lie" about yourself to others -_-''

• Every race uses extensions and weaves, not just black women. It can be for hairloss, or simply to protect the hair from further damage. Frankly, it is nobody business what a woman does with her hair.

• they're okay, expensive. i go with my friends to get their hair done and i'm always wondering why they don't go natural because it's soooo much easier and cheaper. it's their choice tho and the end product looks nice.

• I have clip ins.
    They're cool for special events where I want more volume or length to my hair.

• i´ve had them, it looks great and natural if well done but it´s a turn off if your boyfriend grabs your hair and can feel the bumps on your head

• I think they are good ways to protect natural hair. They're versatile and contrary to popular belief, they're worn by lots of women of different races. I don't know where and why there's a negative connotation association with them.

• I have clip in extensions that I use on special occasions when I need big Texas hair Lol