Am I the only one who thinks selena is basic and so over rated?

Selena Gomez*

Most Helpful Guy

• She's a good singer, not great, but she is good. If she wasn't she wouldn't be successful. As far as looks go, she's pretty, and she has really good hair, you can't deny that.

I think her song, “Can't keep my hands to myself" is about club drugs like ecstasy.

• Sorry to pick on your comment, but I just couldn't let this go...

"She is good. If she wasn't she wouldn't be successful." - You can be a crap singer and be successful. It's called autotune. Just look at Taylor Swift. She has terrible technique in her singing and she's truly not that good, but she's famous.

"She has really good hair, you can't deny that." - She also has money.

• @VicarioVivere if that's true, why her, there's tons of girls that are way way more pretty, why aren't they famous singers instead than?

• @VicarioVivere I'm not saying she's the best singer ever or anything like that, all I'm saying is that she is talented. Without a doubt she sings better than your average person, that's m that's a talent.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a huge fan of her music... but let's be real. She came from a modest background and is now a 23 year-old millionaire who made it in two notoriously difficult industries (acting and music). She's famous, and pretty good-looking. She could do worse, and "basic" probably isn't the word I'd use to describe her. She's not exactly a dime a dozen person. Over-rated, yeah maybe lol.

What Guys Said 19

• She's alright tho
    @fearless_banana what was that one hot video lol

• Most people in the public eye are basic and overrated.

• She's cute to me

• Nah girl I'm right there with you

• It's just because she's a celebrity. Lots of them like that.

• She looks very petite which I find attractive in general. I'm not sure how tall she actually is but yes, nothing outstanding.

• she looks good... again, wasn't always like that

• yeah she is basic and too much over rated.

• Jealousy.

• Yes she is average.

• Did u just see neighbors 2.

• who is selena? i dont know her.

• Never heard of her. She must be pretty basic.

• Not at all. She is way over rated!!!

• She's hot

• And what fam? And what? What's it to you if she's basic?
    You gonna say that to her face?

If you don't like her, you don't have to pay attention to her, stop watching Disney channel or change the channel when wizards of Waverley place comes on.

Common man, life is short! And you're entitled to your opinion.
    Some people are basic and over rated, we should accept that.

• Talent wise: She can't sing at all. But her music is okay and I can see the appeal I guess. Her acting was good for a Disney star.
    Looks wise: She's pretty. But at the same time she looks 13.

• She's hot and has some awesome songs. I sense a hint of jealousy OP :P

• You are not the only one.

• yes. you are right.

What Girls Said 10

• Lol, she's not that attractive and can't really sing. She is way overrated. The only reason she's so popular is because of "Jelena". That's it.

• Who's jelena?

• Ohh I didn't know lmfaoo

• Yeah, I didn't know for a while myself. It was a stupid (probably fake publicity stunt) relationship that I had no interest in following on the media. I don't know why people are so invested in it... or at least were, before they broke up.

• Shés overrated but not as much as Taylor Swift

• Dude Taylor swift is awesome wth?
      Hate her music lol just like my tastes but she's rad

• @ConsultantIsBack in what way haha T_T I can't understand the hype around her :/

• Yes.

• Over rated? yes. She can act but her singing isn't good.

• if you read her story she won't be so basic lol, but she's just another person trying to survive out there.

• a lot of people are overrated. Selena is a cute girl but she has no clear features so her face just looks super round and child like. Might work for her though when aging

• Selena is beautiful and talented I was a huge fan growing up, no I don't think she's overrated, in fact I think the opposite.

• "Am I the only one who [insert super generic opinion]?"

Yes. You are literally the only person who thinks that. Somebody call Vogue.

• I'm not a fan of hers, no.

• She looks like a child if you ask me. (And I guess you DID kind of ask me didn't you? lol)