Is expensive makeup better than drugstore?

The looks the girls wear on Instagram look so seamless and flawless and most of the makeup they list are high end brands. I have drugstore makeup and the only expensive product I own is a Mac studio fix foundation.

The looks on Instagram or pinterest seem too perfect and it never happens with me. Also my foundation wears off my chin and nose real quick as I have a very oily t zone.

So what are your opinions on expensive vs drugstore makeup and how do I stay matte on the oily tzone?

Most Helpful Guy

• adobe make up is best make up.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they're about the same however there are more expensive make up brands that are great quality but often there are dupes in the drug stores you just need to look for them. I think you should use a primer and a setting spray in regards of your foundation, I have a lot of expensive make up but I do also have some drug store, I guess it really depends, every brand has their specialty right? I know many make up artists prefer some drug store mascaras and liquid liners opposed to the high end ones.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• honestly, they're not all that. i have a few products from some of the higher end brands, and while yes, some can't be topped, others definitely can.

my current eyeliner is $4 and i get compliments on it EVERY time.
    my favourite eyeshadow palette was $17, containing 10 colours in the nude/brown range cuz that's my thing.

only product i spend more on is lipstick because I'm simply a sucker for it.

as for foundation, u can honestly find good quality products. i wouldn't recommend drugstore as it is ur face after all. brands such as rimmel, revlon, covergirl and maxfactor all have nice foundation that is affordable. i will never buy a MAC foundation, though i have so many of their lipsticks.

you just need to understand your skin and search for a foundation that will meet your needs. if u need more help picking a good one i can help.

• on instagram and pinterest... filters and editing and good lighting are widely used
    no worries drugstore makeup is fine and can be as good as high end makeup

• i think you must try them all to know which one is suit at your skin (like mine, my skin is very sensitive, I need to test every foundation before find the best one). not necessarily expensive make up is better, some product in the drug store is already good enough for you. and expensive make up can provide you tester/sample, get them from the shop and test it at home. If you're satisfied, then that your brand

• I wouldn't say expensive makeup, but Sephora makeup (about $10-$20) is definitely better than drugstore makeup in my experience. Just make sure you buy the Sephora brand items and not the other brands they carry because those are way more expensive

• Not necessary. The products suit you well are better.
    For me personally, I use high end foundation cuz I care most about my freckles and texture.
    But for lips and cheeks, I use both high end and drugstore products depending on my mood and how I want to look like.
    Also I have a sensitive skin, so picking foundations that won't make the matters worse is important and high end products can do this easier than drugstore ones.