Why did my friend make me feel crap?

so I got this new dress I went home tried 2 dresses on and asked for my friends opinion she told me my new dress looked horrible on me and that I should change it I like it and my mum who tells me the truth always said it was lovely but now I'm paranoid about the dress and won't wear it to my birthday

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't let someone tell you different that's not so much a good friend if she's going to say that don't worry about it just remember ur going to b standing out that day its ur bday don't worry bout that other chick.

What Guys Said 1

• You don't need friends like that. Even if I hated something someone was wearing, I would find a better way to put it.

What Girls Said 2

• She is probably just jealous of you. You probably looked gorgeous in that dress and your "friend" didn't want you to wear it because she didn't want you to look better than her. Wear it to your birthday and rock it.

• Don't worry about what your friend says. I'm sure it looks good on you. Your friend may just not like the style of dress you bought. Everyone has their own tastes in clothing. Andddd, I know it's said a lot, but beauty really does come from withing, and not from outward adornment. Wear the dress, be confident, feel beautiful!

• I know but I wouldn't mind the dress is lovely everyone said it but her and now I don't want to wear it

• She sounds like such a hater! If everyone says your dress looked good but her then you know she is just mad. I have a "friend" like that, it's so annoying

• I know like I felt good until she brought me down on a downer after saying that