Would you go out with someone you like but unattractive?

here's a scenario: supposing you met someone through the internet and then you got along well on all aspects and you eventually developed feelings for him or her. but when you finally met him or her in person, he or she turned out to be unattractive. would you still go out with him/her or give him/her the boot? honestly! lol

Most Helpful Guy

• This is part of the reason I don't really like the whole online dating thing. I've never done it and in fact I always scoff at it, but my friend of mine is engaged to a girl that he met on the internet so I can see how it serves a purpose.

Oddly enough I fell for a girl over the internet, she was everything that I was looking for but it never worked out for me, it was kind of a long distance thing and neitehr of us made the first move (pun intended).

If I am not attracted to a girl, there is no possible way that I can have a relationship with her. Why? It's just natural. Liking the look of your significant other isn't everything in a relationship but it is definitely undeniable that it does have a role. If someone approaches you in real life who you don't think is attractive you have the chance of saying no with no premature build-up that may lead to someone getting hurt in the end.

What Guys Said 2

• Funny you brought that up. I met a girl from the internet once but she didn't look anything like her picture, in terms of weight. I told her that I cannot have a relationship if I am unattracted to her. Another girl, who I am soon to meet up with, might not be the best looker, but her personality won me over. That being said, it's much better to date outside of the internet, if possible.

• beauty's only skin deep

What Girls Said 2

• No, we could be friends, but that's it. That's why I don't do online dating because I don't want to have to deal with that.

If I am unattracted to a guy, we can't be together.

• Meeting someone over the net is no different than meeting someone at a bar or the supermarket. Either way, there are security measures you have to take. Yes, there are psychos online but that's true to the in person scenario. You can meet someone at a bar or bookstore, totally cute and seemingly normal and he can turn out to be a complete crazy person.

Anyway, to your question.I think it's pretty simple:

Attraction is 50% part of what drives a relationship, if you aren't physically attracted to this person then you have a 50% chance of a failed relationship. However, you might like this person's personality so much because you've gotten to know them over a long period of time that even if he/she's not the best looking person, he/she still won your heart. I guess it really depends on how long you've known him/her. Besides what's attractive to me, necessarily won't be attractive to you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I always say that if your getting to know someone over the net, it's a good idea to see a variety a pictures, in different angles and full body so that person can hide as little as possible. Full body is a must so you know his/her body type. You might not like a fat person or a skinny person so you have to know. If you can webcam with them, even better. Just always be careful, meet in public, don't have huge expectations and remember that long distance relationships almost never work so if this person lives in another country just forget it. Online dating is good if the person lives at most 1hour away or closer.farther than that.nope, not going anywhere. You need to be able to see this person at least a few times a week otherwise someone will start wandering when they meet someone nearby.

Those are my two cents.