Do you use clear lip gloss or a lip balm on top of lipstick?

• Clear lip gloss
    26% (5)20% (1)25% (6)Vote
  • Lip balm
    26% (5)40% (2)29% (7)Vote
  • Matching color lip gloss
    21% (4)0% (0)17% (4)Vote
  • I don't wear lipstick
    27% (5)40% (2)29% (7)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
This is only meant for girls haha

0|0
11|4

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are using a balm (like Chapstick) -- because you have extremely dry, cracking lips -- then you put that on FIRST.
    Also, you need to let it sit for a while after you put it on.
    The point there is to let the balm do its intended job -- as a moisturizer for the chapped/cracked lips -- but to give it a long enough time to "settle". If you try to put yr lippy on top of the balm RIGHT AWAY, it will just turn everything into a goopy, awful-looking mess.

If you wait a while (3-4 minutes) after applying the balm, then the balm should act like a primer, and the lippy should glide on pretty smoothly over it.
    Decent results.

A couple of things:

• You should only fuck with balm-under-lipstick if yr lips are VERY dry and chapped. Otherwise, to do the job of a primer/lipliner... just use a primer/lipliner.

• This is even more of a thing with matte lippies, which are more drying than gloss lippies.

__

As for the gloss -- that would go on top of the lippy, if you want it to be shinier.
    That's a totally separate issue from the balm.

You could even use all 3 of these things, potentially (balm + lippy + gloss), if you have a major dry-lips problem AND you want a super shiny finish.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• If anything, I like types that don't make the lips look too different from the original look. More "enchant" than "transform". lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I only use Burt's Bees or Lypsyl lip balm. Chapstick and other brands dry out and irritate my lips.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't wear any myself.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I don't wear anything on top cause I usually wear matte lipstick. Occasionally I'll put on lip balm on my lips before I put on lipstick.

1|0
    0|0
  • @redeyemindtricks this is your type of question haha

But usually when I wear lipstick I use a clear or just sparkly lip gloss over top if I want it to shine.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll wear lip balm under lipstick!

1|0
    0|0
  • I wear lipstick but I don't wear lipgloss so these options confused me? Lip gross is gross feeling. I like lipsticks, mostly creams or matte formulations though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't typically wear lipstick but when I do, I don't use anything over top of it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I use a lip gloss of a matching color

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I like chapstick

1|0
    0|0
  • lipstick and gloss

1|0
    0|0
  • I only use lipstick

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont wear lipstick too often but when i d use real lip gloss.

1|0
    0|0