Girls, do you use lip stains and what's the difference between them and lipsticks?

• Yes I do
    35% (18)
  • No I don't
    65% (33)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Fair warning, I am OBSESSED with lipstick, so, my answer will be a little biased accordingly.

But:

Lip stains are... well, stains, for yr lips. LOL
    The basic idea behind lip stains is that they last for 2.5 forevers, so you don't have to keep reapplying them. Which is true -- I've seen them last 24+ hours, on a couple of my girlfriends.

Annnnd that's basically the ONLY "pro" of lip stains.
    Now for all the "cons".

• Perhaps most importantly, they are VERY DRYING.
    The base of most lip stains is a mixture of water and alcohol. If you don't have a problem with chapped lips... well, you just might, if you use nothing but lip stains for long enough in a row.
    If you DO have a problem with chapped lips, then, fuhgeddaboudit. (In that case, you are better off exfoliating the shit out of yr lips the night before, and then using a high quality matte lipstick on top of a primer that will lock in moisture.)

• Lip stains set in relatively quickly -- including in the area outside yr lips. So, you have to apply them pretty carefully, otherwise you can actually end up "coloring outside the lines" and having the embarrassing evidence show for HOURS.

• But you know what REALLY sucks? Even though they set in fast, lip stains don't dry *all the way* very fast... which means you actually have to wait a few minutes between layers, or else you risk having the stuff goop up or make uneven blotches/lines on yr lips.
    In other words, if you are a #supermom who gets ready in under 10 minutes... not for you. lol

• Also, you can't really "refresh" or "touch up" a lip stain. So, if you are a lip biter or nibbler... you might end up with lighter patches in the stain, and you won't be able to touch them up the way you could with lipstick (it'll just make everything even more blotchy -- imagine trying to do this with a coat of paint, and you'll get the picture).

• And, they don't come in too many cool colors.

__

I mean... there's a reason why everyone is still wearing lipstick, even though the stains last forever and ever. (pssssst it's because lipstick is BETTER.)

What Girls Said 21

• I hate lipsticks. They get everywhere, they look stupid when you've just had a drink or a bite so that the inner side of your pips has no color and you end up having c olored rims of your lips... And they feel really waxy. They taste disgusting too.

Lip stains, on the contrary, are mostly water based. So they don't feel like you have a fucking swollen lip, they don't stick on glasses or shirts or shit, they last longer on your lips, and they definitely look more natural. When you kiss a guy, the guy doesn't end up looking like Joker. The only dowside to lipstains or lip tints is that it could be uneven sometimes if your lips have an uneven texture.

• Yes, I much prefer lip stains because I don't like the smell of lipstick lol. But I love it. Once it sets, it doesn't come off if I eat or drink!

• I don't. I think they're basically just a stronger kind of lipstick, right? You don't have to keep reapplying.

• i dont actually. people keep recommending them but for now I'm okay with touching up every few hours. i dunno if it'd b worth it for me. only time i can see myself needing it is at my wedding or something haha

• Lipstains look a little more natural and last a realllyyyyyy long time. Lipstick is generally more pigmented and requires reapplying on a constant basis (unless you got a hella good lipstick). In general I wear lipstains on a more daily basis since it's not as bold and I wear lipstick on days when I really doll up for an occasion.

• Yes and I love them. They stain the lips and it doesn't come off so you can eat or drink or talk however much you want or whatever you want and the color won't come off.

• Lipstain stays longer, you can kiss your boyfriend without transferring lipstick to him

• I don't use lip stains because they are hard to come off at the end of the day.
    Lipsticks tend to get all over your teeth and cups. Lip stains do the opposite of that and they last 2x as long as a regular lipstick but the one disadvantage of it, like I mentioned before is that it is VERY hard to wipe off at the end of the day.

• never used lip stains tbh

• Currently I like lip stains and lip balms better than lipsticks, because it's less maintenance. Lip stains stay on longer even if you eat and drink. Lip balms may come off but the pigment isn't strong so your lips don't look half undone. Lipstick takes more work

• Lip stains actually stain your lips, so they last longer. Lipstick sits on top of your lips and doesn't stain, it doesn't last as long. I use both, occasionally together.

• Yes, I feel like they sink into my lips better than lipsticks and last a lot longer

• Lipsticks are more glossy and thicker. Stains look like you swallowed a gallon of Kool-aid.

• Yes, I do. They last longer and do not transfer ;)

• nopeee

• Lip stains dry up your lips in my opinion

• Lipstains as the name says it stains your lips and leaves them with colour during the day (but not a really intense colour, something subtle) while lipstick are more pigmented but you have to reapply it during the day

• Lip stains are dry but they stay on a lot longer. I personally can't stand the feel of them but they look good if you don't make any mistakes in the application❤️

• I personally do not like lip stains at all

• i dont but would like to

• I use lip gloss. Its not as heavy as lipstick.