Any thoughts on Miss USA?

I keep seeing posts asking if black women are seen as attractive, and they bother me because to me, it's a clear yes. This young lady just showed I'm not alone in my thinking.
Any thoughts on Miss USA?

Most Helpful Girl

• I thought she was great! and much better (smarter) comments than some of the other pretty faces
    Congrats to Miss D. C.!

Most Helpful Guy

• She's absolutely beautiful and good for her for winning the pageant. And she serves us all in the military as well. I bet her parents are so proud.

What Girls Said 13

• she is beautiful just like many other black women. the people who ask that question are generally insecure and may have self doubt. hopefully they see her as just another example that beauty comes in black too.

• She's definitely gorgeous. But this one woman can't change the fact that many pageants, not just USA, try to find the lightest women as winners. I'm not saying there is no such thing as light skin black girls, or Latinas with green eyes and fair skin, but many black women are dark, many Latinas are dark, many Asians are dark, yet most of the winners look fair skin with straight hair and colored eyes.
    Hmmmm. It seems like white girls dipped in chocolate, or dipped in caramel.

• Total RBF but it suits her so well 😄 no doubt she's beautiful but I've actually seen a lot of women that I personally found much more beautiful but then again I can actually say that about basically every "Miss" out there haha

• She is very beautiful!! I'm glad she won

• I don't think she's very attractive at all. There are dozens of girls at my college alone who are better looking.

• Not surprised your racist ass is on this question.

• Keep fooling yourself, troll. Back to the block party you go. ✌

• @CHARismatic110 It's lame that any time anyone disagrees with you the first thing you do is call them a racist. You've misused that word so many times I think you've forgotten what it actually means--if in fact you ever did.

• She's not ugly, but I wouldn't say she's beautiful either. I would say she's ok.
    I've seen black women who are more attractive than her.
    I can't believe she won, because people are always criticizing black women. But I think it's good.

• Yeah she's pretty!!!

• She's gorgeous! I don't follow the whole beauty pageant thing, but it's nice to see a woman of color featured!

• I am so happy that she won! She is so beautiful!

• I wasn't aware that contest was still a thing.

• She's beautiful

• She's the exception though...

• her hair is fake. she should take after viola davis

What Guys Said 14

• Gorgeous and well-deserving of the title. Does anyone actually think otherwise?

• She's beautiful!

• she's beautiful. not 100% my type (nothing to do with the skin colour) but still very pretty

• Looks very similar to a girl I knew in secondary school.

• She's meh.

Drew Barrymore is prettier and she's in her 40s.

• It is hard to deny she is beautiful

• She's very pretty, but as others have remarked, not extraordinarily so. Of course, that's true of almost all beauty contest winners. It seems to be almost completely political or something, because there is little correlation to actual beauty other than the fact that few are actively ugly.

• @Intraluminal
      I think a lot of what makes someone beautiful isn't physical. She's pretty, but she's also smart, strong, educated and selfless enough to put her ass in the line of fire to protect her country.

That's a beautiful combination.

• She ain't pretty to win this

• She's beautiful

• she's almost white.

• she is black? wtf

• She's cute but no mis america.

• I don't pay attention to that miss universe stuff but she's not attractive to me.

• she only won cuz she's black she's not better looking than the white girls

• She's OK, better than average but far, far from the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I'd say about 1/4 of the girls in my high school class for example were definitely better looking.

• She's very pretty, but in beauty contests, there is little correlation to actual beauty other than the fact that few are actively ugly.