Opinions on neck tattoos?

I was thinking of getting a small one. What are your thoughts on them?
Opinions on neck tattoos?
The area where he has his is where I was thinking of getting mine (but much smaller).

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like they're hard to pull off, and they're hard to hide if the situation ever comes about where it's best unseen...

In my opinion, the only ones that are pulled off the best, most often, are the ones that go vertically from behind the ear, running down past the jaw, to the base of the neck, like, Chinese letters or something.
    Otherwise, it's hard to compliment the shape of the neck. Something long and straight (neck), is best complimented with another long and straight design.

All the power to you!
    Best advice anyone can give is; wait around a year to see if your decision is constant :)
    And you can try to get a friend to draw a close approximation of what you want with a permanent marker, and walk around for a week with it, and see how you feel about it! - What you can change, its placement, etc

Most Helpful Guy

• While you're at it, you may as well get a sign that hangs around your neck that says: "Please do not hire me."

• I was going to get my schools insignia, and in the line of work ill be doing I dont think tattoos will be much of a hindrance

• thanks for MH Guy opinion!

What Girls Said 19

• I'm not a fan if you don't have any tattoos elsewhere, I've seen so many guys get their neck tattooed yet don't even have any on their arms, upper body etc. My ex is fully tattooed not to say you should but I feel the neck is for people who 1. either run out of space or 2. people who want to show off their tattoo because it's the only visible area (not good).

• That is one ugly tattoo 😂 Some guys can pull of neck tattoos some can't. Generally I think neck tattoos, side one specifically look best when other parts of his body is already tattooed.

• I think someone photoshopped it on him tbh lol

• Nope.
    I am all for tattoos that can be covered when it is required. And on top of that I just don't think they look good and most tattooists wouldn't even do it without at first asking if you're serious (especially if you haven't got other areas done).
    My ex had a neck tattoo (well he had many), and while I didn't hate it on him, I just also wasn't a fan.

• I hate neck tats. They're for people who only get a tattoo so everyone will see it, and people who never expect to get a job. Even though most places will hire someone with tattoos, anything on your neck, face, or hands can immediately disqualify you. They're unprofessional.

• I will be a future management manager someday. I will hire someone that has neck, face, and hand tattoos that has the skills than someone that has no tattoos or any skills.

• @BusinessBasketball That's nice, but largely irrelevant. While yes, skill should outweigh appearance, when you're in any position where you're dealing with the public, things like neck tattoos WILL strongly count against you. There is a social stigma surrounding those kinds of body mods, and fair or unfair, we just have to deal with it.

• People should be less shallow and only care about getting the job done. Only care about the winning image not the professional image. I will be forming my own music label or film company. Most artists and actors have tattoos.

• Ewww at that one in the picture! 😂😖

They can be nice though if they are a decent size and nice, unique design.

• I am not a fan of neck tats.

• I dislike it. ESPECIALLY ON FEMALES, looks unfeminine.
    Unless its henna or a nice pretty navel ring that you can take out when you want.
    But this tattoo crap is too much. Kim K was right, you can't put stickers on a benttley!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_Jh2xrcjo

• Do not even consider

• Yuck! Hate them so much but I'm old school I guess.

• I love tattoos personally. And if the person also likes them, go for it!

• Not my style

• Thinking about doing the same thing also

• They are shit.

• Oh no. That's hideous

• Don't do it!!

• Gross.

• I like tattoos on the neck, but I like them more behind the neck

• They look really really hot ;) hahaha!!

• Some guys can pull off that look depending on the tattoo and how big it is, not all some just look so unsightly.

What Guys Said 6

• Trashy

• They look awesome. They really do complement long necks.

• so distracting and also shit.

• Not for me

• Any tattoos that is not racist is alright with me. Planning to get some tattoos myself.

• still trashy.