How to look slim in a white dress?

So I bought this dress for a formal occasion, but I totally disregarded the fact that it was white. The event is coming nearer, and nearer and I feel that I look wide (r) than usual in it.
It's too late to change the dress, so that's not an option.
Any tips on how to wear white without looking bigger than usual?

by the way, I'n not overweight. And the dress it doesn't make me look fat, but just bigger than what I would like. Thanks for the suggestions!

Most Helpful Guy

• wear taller heels. heels make you look taller, which makes you look slimmer

• let us know how it goes

Most Helpful Girl

• If the cut of the dress is flattering, it doesn't matter it's while. Since it's simple, you could wear jewellery or do a bold makeup to draw more attention to your face, or wear statement shoes

What Guys Said 4

• work out, lose weight if you're overweight

• Workout, or corset.

• Be slim...

• Time to workout

What Girls Said 16

• Put yourself on a "Let's Hurry I have a Right to Worry" diet.
    I agree that White sometimes is not always Right. However, if you are going to this 'Formal occasion' with Someone Special, Right from the Start... Unconditionally he probably would not Care, he likes you the way you Started from.
    BTW: Heels makes the Deals in Slimming and Trimming.
    God luck and Have a ball. xx

• Maybe wear your hair down? I'm not sure. You can do 20 minutes of strength training a day and you'll at least tone your muscles

• Wear a spandex body shaper, preferably in nude. Would help to slim down and smoothen your look a lot.

• wear a corset

• Use a belt to cinch your waist. A dark or bright colored belt will draw the eye. A body shaper in a nude color would also work well.

• How to look slim in a white dress, in two simple steps:
    1) Be slim.
    2) Wear a white dress.
    If you can't accomplish either of these, you may not be able to look slim in a white dress.

• You could get nude coloured spanx? I've never tried them but I want to lol. I've developed quite the gut. If they work then AMEN I'm sold. Of course I'll still be trying to shed the weight but at least it might be temporarily flattering?

• Usually white brings out something and makes it look bigger, so I would assume you want to look slimmer in the waist area. So, since white makes everything bigger get a cute black or very dark colored belt to diminish your waist and make you look more curvy. good luck. (:

• Maybe wear a belt with it

• Just wear it, nobody will notice that this dress makes you look bigger than usual trust me !

• Workout eat healthy

• You can always try Spanx.

• lose weight.
    weight loss isn't hard just eat less.

• if your fat then you'll look always fat

• Corset or spandex. Do you have enough time to work out and diet?

• Wear a cardigan over it so it slims down. Or some kind of wrap or something