Girls, What is average money you spend on maintaining your hair look per month or in every 3 months?

I live in New York and I find everything is expensive here including coloring my hair or having my hair cut. I have moderate long hair and it's color.

If i buy the hair color at drug store and do it by myself, I spend probably $10 and the color can stay on my hair for probably 3 weeks then it's faded.

If I go to a hair salon (I checked their prices) and I do ombre, full head, balayage, it costs me about $300-$400 not including tips. The color will stay on my hair for like 3 months or 4.

Do you think $300 or $400 is a normal price in NY downtown area? How much and how often do you spend on yours? Is there any other cheaper option?

I am considering being a hair model so that I can have my hair done for free but its risky because I don't know what they gonna do with my hair.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I get a keratin treatment every 3-4 months so that's about 250 including a hair cut. That's pretty much my entire expense. Other than shampoo/conditioner, I don't soend any more money on it

For NY, that sounds about right but could you go outside the city? Would that be cheaper?

• 1 location I found in the Bronx starting at $250. I don't know what is final price. But it's worth to come and ask i think.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't bother with coloring, I don't want to destroy my hair and I don't have the money to upkeep it. In Greece there are many cheap hair salons lately. I pay 7 euros for a haircut every 3 months, around 20 if I also want a good hairstyle.

• i don't have hair cuts... all i do is trim in like once in a while

• Wow. 😱

I live in NYC too. My sister gives me haircut when I want it as she knows how to do it well.

I don't color my hair, so no cost there.

I probably just spend for shampoos

• natural hair... dont care <3

• 0... I don't do anything to maintain my looks. Don't dye my hair, do my nails or wear makeup. I should probably start wearing moisturizer cause I'm getting older and the skin on face is starting to feel uncomfortable (mainly between my eyes) but I haven't started yet. I have a hard time spending 15-20 dollars on something like that. I'll probably just try to whip something together at home... love me some pinterest-lol.