Are you usually satisfied by the haircuts you get?

I'm getting a haircut for the first time in 2 years and I'm nervous because they always cut a lot more than I ask for and they mess it up ugh :/
I can't be the only one who's always getting a messed up haircut? lol

I think it's satisfied with* Lol

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• my last one was horrible. I've been growing it for 3 years since, and next time i go it's gonna be awesome af.

if you want it done right, honestly dont b afraid to boss them a bit. some idiot hairdressers think they know ur hair better than you do. you need to be a bit demanding in a polite way of course. for example "so id just like a trim of my layers but PLEASE do not take more than 1cm off my length. i really dont want much off the length. last time i was quite disappointed by a previous hairdresser" or something like that.

What Guys Said 31

• Been going to the same guy for 17 years now. He's a "stylist", not a barber😂 But he's the only guy I trust to cut my hair... and my girlfriend is a licensed hair stylist too, haha, but I'm sorry, this guy knows my hair inside and out. Never gotten a bad cut from him. So it's like $40 every three weeks, but worth the extra cost😎

• and that.. people.. is why i cut me hair.. meself.
    so if i fuck it up, i know its on me. I'd rather mess it up myself than have some schmo mess it up for me...
    "I can do bad by myself" - Tyler Perry.

• Remember your the client. Maybe when they ask you what you want done say something like "You don't want too much cut off your hair, maybe show them about how much you want cut off." :)

• Usually. I go to a chain of places and have found that not ever branch is the same - I went to one near my house and the ladies there were abrupt, rushed the haircut and did a lousy job (I was made to feel like I was interrupting their conversation). I've never gone back to that location, I know two others that have never let me down.

• There never really has been a time when they completely messed up a haircut, but I've always been paranoid nonetheless.

I haven't gotten my haircut in over a year because I'm growing it out, and I probably won't reach my goal length until 2 or 3 more years from now. Once I get there, I'll trim the ends myself just to keep it at the same length. However, I doubt I'll ever get a major style-changing haircut again.

• i cut my own hair, and my most recent cut, i am damn satisfied with it. styled it and everything.

• Yeah it always ends up like how I like it... until that one barber did something that made me regret everything lol

• Nah recently got my old active duty haircut and the back of my head is pale af lol. Went to the beach yesterday and everything got tan except the back of my head.
    s33.postimg.org/.../...016_06_08_at_3_41_54_PM.png

• No.
    I like my hair to be at least somewhat long for a guy , goes to a barber for a trim and he ALWAYS knocks me back to the "medium length" , "for a guy" =.=
    I want longer hair god damn it. Barbers don't speak human.

• Recently, yeah. I just show them a picture on my phone and it helps the barber a tonne.

I don't know why so many people have awful haircuts that don't suit how they look or the type of hair they have, I didn't even notice it until I started getting good haircuts myself.

• Yup I get one every couple months because my hair gets so out of control it's insane but yeah I am always satisfied with them. Can honestly say I've never gotten a bad one ever.

• Yup, I like my hair cut.

• I would say that I am 95% of the time. I get my haircut every 2-3 weeks and I've been going to the same barber for the past 13 years.

• Sometimes yes, Sometimes no. Haha.

Its very much pot luck i find.

• usually yes but you can't fuck up too much with my hair and I go every 4-6 weeks to the same one so they know by now what I want

• I've had one bad haircut that I still kinda regret to this day. But I'm good now, I've been trying new styles as of late.

• I keep medium long hairs
    But whenever I go to my hairdresser he always ruins my look. And it pisses me off cause my hairs and eyebrows are something which makes me look good. Like right now I look like an asshole 😒

• Usually I leave the barber looking great. But this last haircut I got was awful and I loik like shit.

• Never had a problem since I do my own hair. Which I did last night 😛

• Usually no, it never turns out exactly how I imagined it to be. ;(

• My dad cuts my hair so I'm kinda satisfied lol. I haven't cut my hair in a couple months and I don't plan on cutting it till like October.

• not every time, most of the times im unsatisfied

• no >:(

• no im growing out my hair, i did not went to the hairdresser for 4 months.

• Convey the precise hairstyle cut name to your stylist and also show them few sample photos on your cell phone of what hairstyle you want to achieve precisely.

• yes last time the lady cut too much off in my opion

• The last one was good but they're very uneven. It's always the same woman as well.

• My bestie/sister from another mister cuts my hair... always exceeds my expectations

• Yeah always

• most of the time no.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 18

• Yeah, my hairdresser is really good at just knowing exactly what I want. If she has doubts, she'll just take a little off at a time until I say it's good.

• No. >:( It doesn't turn out as I expected sometimes. Like I picture myself with that celebrity look I've been wanting and then the hairdresser fuck it up for me... and I'm just like -smiles while I cry-(on the outisde)... THE FUCK THIS IS?(on the inside)

• I have trouble because I have really curly hair. I tried to get a bob (back when those were the go-to for mid-length hairstyles) and explained that my hair was really curly. The woman nodded along, and ended up giving me a nasty looking page-boy that took months to grow out.
    I've noticed it's easier if you go in with a picture of the style you want with hair texture (thickness, straight/curly, etc.) similar to yours. If you're concerned, talk to the stylist about it.
    After the page-boy-bob experience, I went to a SuperCuts for my next cut. I asked the stylists who were in if they were experienced with hair like mine, and told them about what had occurred the last time. My stylist was very understanding, and asked me questions each step of the way (if I cut it here, will it curl a lot or only a little? I think this will be here once it curls. What do you think?, and so on).

• Hah, that meme does hold some truth. That's why I haven't been to a stylist in a while. I just have my mom trim things up since I really don't want to make any major changes to my hair. Maybe I'm boring, though. :P

• I sometimes am and sometimes I'm not, but once I was extremely assertive about what I know works for me and I got exactly what I asked for - so I was exceptionally pleased that day. =)

• yes thats why you should go get your hair done somewhere else.

• Yeah they always take off more than I want them to, so I haven't gotten a legitimate hair cut in like 1-2 years.

• I've found the hairstylist of my trust so yes I am, she just knows what suits me so it never fails :D

• No, because the hairdresser ends up cutting it shorter than I expect. I only one time I was satisfied with a haircut. It was back when I was going through very bad hair loss to the point my hair got torn apart. I had to cut it to get it look neat and be the same length as that strand of hair that got teared due to hair loss.

• What happened to yr hair? (hair loss... "hair got torn apart"...)

• Yikes! Glad to hear it's better now...

Was the shampoo called Ketoconazole? That's a prescription shampoo that often helps (especially for women).

Yah -- If you get really bad split ends, you usually have to cut short enough that the split ends are all gone. Otherwise it's like a fabric with frayed edges -- it's easy for the split ends to split more.

That must have been scary!

• @redeyemindtricks Thanks :)
      The shampoo I used was called Vichy, it's a prescription shampoo just like Ketoconazole. It did a really good job and it smelled really nice.
      And yeah I really needed a haircut, my hair looked ridicolous from all the hair loss.

• i don't have hair cuts... all i do is trim in like once in a while

• show them exactly how much you want cut, or a picture of the haircut you like.

• I go to the same girl to get my hair cut each time. She's amazing and I'm always in love with my hair afterwards

• Most of the time I am.

• I cut my hair myself.

and whoa! he looks awful bald

• Not really. They always cut way more than I ask them to, always. Can't trust them hairdressers. Ever.

• Extremely, that's why I've been going to the same hairdresser for years now.

• Absolutely never.

• Yes, she always cut my hair less than I ask so that change from another