Big chop anyone?

Big chop anyone?

I had Senegalese crochet braids, but I got bored and tired of them. They drove me crazy, and i wanted something new. I have been transitioning for about almost 6 months, and I was ready to embrace my natural hair. Yesterday.. I took my hair scissors and I cut away all of the straight ends. I am thankful That I have a cute face, and high cheek bones, because I would not be able to work this look if otherwise. I wanted to go natural because I grew tired of people thinking/saying that back women can't grow healthy hair, and also I felt like it was inspiring. I feel like I am accepting a new me. It's going to take some getting use to, but I'll figure it out as I go along. Only thing is my mom doesn't know. She is very judgmental, and I just don't know how is tell her. I think she is already suspicious, but I don't know. How should I tell her? Also what are your views about women embracing their natural hair? No rude remarks, but be honest. What do you guys think about women sporting twa's? I also want to dye it.

I just big chopped. I find them gorgeous. Also adding color is a fun way to enjoy this transitioning experience. To those who don't know a twa is a teeny weeny afro.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 16 I've been natural my entire life. I grew up in a family that is a bit color struck. I think it's wonderful that black women are finally letting go of the chemicals. However , my family on the other hand , disagree with me. To them some women don't look good natural. Example if a woman has "nappy" hair she shouldn't be natural. I hate to say that word. They all have what some would consider "good hair". To me there isn't a difference.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I think the natural hair looks so good! <3

• My sister did that, shaved her head after she relaxed and dyed her hair too many times. Now a year later, her hair looks really nice and healthy. Natural hair looks waay better than any amount of money spent on hair.

• it looks good