Was he trying to make it a date or?

So I've basically been modelling for a few years and met/worked with a lot of people in the industry through my agency and getting jobs on the side. A few years ago I did a campaign for a new upcoming watch for an upcoming company. Anyways so the CEO/start up guy has been I touch a few times about the launch and stuff, but haven't heard him him in over a year now since it did. Recently he got in touch saying they'll be filming some sort of video for YouTube/website for their new collection and asked me to meet with him. So I did and he took me out to a restaurant - had a few drinks and apps. He asked me if I wanted to stay later but I told him I was going to my friends party (which I was) and he said that was fine. He payed for everything and just talked about stuff and a bit about what he's planning for the video and which dates I'm available for. I felt a little awkward since it was only us two and at a fancy restaurant I was completely underdressed too. Was he trying to take me out on a date or just being nice? :s

What Guys Said 1

• Trying to be nice as he was casually trying to see if you would stay out with him later, kind of seeing what you would say to it

What Girls Said 2

• If the dinner was business related, then no. He should paid for it anyway since you two were discussing business.

• I think he was.