Should I get my nose pierced or my septum?

I want a nose piercing. I am 18, but my dad is pretty offended by the idea. A septum piercing appeals to me because when I come home from school I can flip it up and easily hide it from him. I think it would probably hurt more, though.

Should I get my nose pierced or my septum??

normal nostril piercing or septum

Most Helpful Guy

• Do whichever you prefer. You're 18 so it is your decision to get it unless he'd be paying for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you would look good with either/both and should get them if you want them. I have both and con confirm that my septum did in fact hurt more. YMMV.

What Guys Said 17

• No. Especially not septum piercing.

• Neither your dad is right

• If you have sinus trouble or allergies, be prepared for regrets. Heck, Why not pierce your private parts and get aroused instead? That is hidden too, you know.

• Don't get anything pierced.

• You should listen to your dad

• id avoid bringing attention to your nose

• it's your body, you need to know what you like most.

with septum piercings I'm quite picky though. can look good... or really bad

• Simple eligant little metal ball nose piercing. they are cute and low matenance.

• Septum are weird as fuck. I really don't wanna date a girl who reminds me of a bull. Get the nostril

• I think you're very attractive so you shouldn't mess it up by getting a septum piercing. They're a turn off for me and I know a lot of other guys feel the same way

• Neither!
    Any form of nose piercing screams skank.

• how does a piercing say anything about someones sexuality? you sound ignorant as fuck

• I'm more of the opinion that my work and the way I treat others will speak for itself and anyone worth being around will judge me off of that. The fact that you even use the word "skank" speaks volumes... what does sexuality have anything to do with how much you respect someone?

• I feel like age plays a large role in this response.

• Septum would be easier to hide if you take it out after not liking it, you won't have a hole for others to openly see albeit a small one though. Plus you'd have more options for jewelry.

• Neither you follower moron.

• you're the one taking swipes at strangers on the internet! it's not that deep

• You're thinking someone on the internet gives a fuck about you. That's not

• Both sounds like a good idea. Either one can work.

• Go for both nostril and septum! You have a cute face and the right features, I think you would look great with a septum ring and maybe a nostril stud on each side.

• i hate nose piercings

• Don't. Its (IMO) a stupid FAD that will go away in a year. also in my opinion its ugly.

What Girls Said 9

• You're very attractive both would look good on you. I personally have had both and I love the fact about the septum piercing that you can hide it which I do a lot. That is why I would have to say go for the septum. It does hurt like hell tho (at least it did for me). Another great thing is that you can start stretching it and it will look even better (I have mine stretched to 00g which is pretty large but it looks really cute). So my suggestion would be to get septum and start stretching it. All the best.

• Just get it. You only live once and if you dont like it you can just take it out. I always advise people to get piercings if they're thinking about it. Why not? its not like its permanent like a tattoo

• Order fake hoops and septum rings on Etsy. No pain, they look real, and your Dad would surely have no problem with you wearing them, even in front of him, given they're fake. Then when you're 18, do what you want.

• nostrils get the nostrils done.

• Based on your pics, I think a regular nose piercing would look really nice on you.

• Normal!

• nose. septum piercings makes people look like bulls

• septum

• whats a septum piercing? lol

and i agree with your dad