Do guys go for looks?

Well, I have been wondering a lot lately, about guys. I see a lot of hot cute guys with hot cute girls. Haha. So yeah, does looks matter to some of you guys out there? Sometimes, I just think I get dumped because I'm not pretty? Yes I know a lot of people have been saying not ALL guys are like that. But yeah, how I wish I could find a guy like that! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's true, guys are really not like that. We're really not that shallow some guys are really like that and that may have been the reason why guy's reputations are being tainted but trust me guys aren't like that. OF COURSE! Looks does matter its the first thing you see when you're about to make a move or accept a guys advances BUT although looks matter for me the biggest part is compatibility and your traits. Compatibility meaning that you are okay with each others traits and you're happy with each other (it doesn't mean being alike in a lot of stuff because sometimes opposites do attract, or even most of the time.) And being dumped doesn't mean you're not pretty it only means that you're not his type, I'm sure there are a lot of guys out there who find you very attractive and honestly I think you're attractive too so cheer up! :P

• Okay.. Nice one.. What you just said simply knocked some sense to me bout guys. lol. Thanks for the compliment anyways! :)

What Guys Said 3

• We come for the looks and stay for the personality. We can't know about your personality when we first see you, so we must be physically attracted. I couldn't imagine dating someone that I wasn't attracted to. I'm sure most people feel the same way. That being said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I think that most guys so for women who they believe are on their level so to speak. Like I've always attracted typically pretty girls, so now I'm less attracted who are less than pretty...I would say that most guys are similar, but we're all different so whatever. Character definately attracts me, I love sweet, pleasant, gentle shy girls. But she has gotta be pretty, in keeping with my past girlfriends.

• Yep, what you said is true.. Thanks for the advice anyways! ;)

• Apperance will only take you so far it is a short term effect, even a pretty person can become extremely unattractive if they have a bitchy peronsonality. Personality and mental attraction also play a big part long term in a realtionship

• Yes, I absolutely agreed what you said. Looks are only outer part of humans. :)

What Girls Said 0