What to wear to a transgender awareness event?

Hi everyone. I'm a mtf crossdresser of a year of so in a fairly liberal city. It's mostly been at home, but I've gone out on a couple of occasions. Anyway, I went to a party once as my femme persona, and I met a great guy who was very open minded and kept telling me how beautiful I looked (which really made my night (and month/year!). I was just wearing a nice top and some skinny jeans and heels.

Anyway, he has asked me to go as his date to a transgender awareness event next weekend. It is a cocktail party, and I'm super excited to finally have a reason to get dressed up. Nervous, but excited. And, I'm a little overwhelmed by the idea of finding something to wear. Given that this isn't something I get to do everyday, I'm open to spending a little money.

Can you help me out? It's a private event at a local restaurant/lounge that is being rented out for the evening. If I were going as a guy, I'd wear a jacket and nice pants. What's appropriate for me in this vein? If it helps, I'm 5'7", 148 lbs., sandy blond past-the-shoulders wavy (fake) hair. What do you think would look nice? Also, do I need a purse or just go without?

THANK YOU!!!

47

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• What I would do is look at transgender forums - There would I am sure be fashion advice on the sites really the same as any woman who peruses fashion sites for advice for what their body type is etc - A crossdresser focused site would have the particular advice pertinent to you.

• A nice summer dress? Not too loud, more subdued colours since it's an evening event (but it's also summer). I suspect it won't be super formal.

• Don't wear jeans. Wear a tight, shortish dress and show off sexy legs.

Get some butt padding underwear too so it doesn't look totally ridiculous.

• Body armour 😂 ... too soon?

• Where what makes you comfortable. This sounds like a benefit to support the rights of people to do just that.

• Purse is a must.

What Girls Said 3

• You were obviously doing something right to get invited out!
    Wear what you love to wear and what you feel good in.
    Perhaps something a little classier since its an event though :)

• I'm transgender so gotta guess for crossdressing. But i'd say a nice dress and purse would go well.
    I'm going to my cities pride event in jeans and a tank top though. Might wear the transflag as a cape as well.

• Whatever makes you comfortable.