Any idea who invented makeup 😶?

Curiosity sucks :P

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Make up has been around for thousands of years. Ancient egypt was known to use it. I don't know who invented it though I don't think anyone does, not even Google.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think one person should be credited with the invention of make-up. It's our instinct to want to look attractive. I think ancient civilizations each had their own variations of "make-up."

• the Egyptians

• Google it...

What Guys Said 7

• select the "who invented makeup" part of your question.
    Right click, select "search google.
    "Most historians agree that it is really impossible to know with all certainty who discovered or invented make-up, when or why. The art of wearing makeup was invented approximately 12,000 years ago by the ancient Egyptians."

Curiosity only sucks when the answer is difficult or impossible to find. Not when you can right click selected text, click search, and have an answer in under 8 seconds.

• Probably the fist person born with a birthmark on their face.

• Google works wonders my boy 😛

• its not really someting that was invented...
    i mean facial paints and body dies go back thousands of years, and im sure people have been using pastes or colouring to cover blemishes for pretty long too
    its more something thats developed-cant really attribute it to any one person

• Anita Pea

• They say cleopatra did use it, and that was a long time ago

• Pretty sure it was Benjamin Franklin if I'm not mistaken.