This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to make thin hair thicker?

and if there is not, does anyone have any tips for someone with thin hair. i was considering growing it out, and i don't want it to turn out ratchet. my inspirations:this may be a stupid question, but is there a way to make thin hair thicker?

Most Helpful Guy

• Buy a shower cap and buy yourself either coconut oil or olive oil and apply it at night, and sleep with it in your hair while wearing the shower cap. Wash your hair in the morning, do this 5x a day and on the two days you don't, do not wash your hair... let your natural oils restore, and repeat the process. You'll have thicker hair in no time.

What Guys Said 3

• well a few studies have been put out lately that shows that actually ripping hair out like tweesing wise stimulates hair growth locally. i have a full head of hair so im not going to test it but you may want to research the current studies. keep and eye on it i guess.

• ow!!! holy crap!

• haha, true.

Im just surprised because I was under the impression that removing hair by the root causes hair to come back -thinner- over time and that in some cases even permanently damages the folicle.

• @Bandit74 so was I. that was my understanding but hey who knows nothing im willing to test on myself.

• From what I understand the thickness of your individual hair stands as its texture (straight, wavy, curly) are determined based on the follicle shape/size.

However, you can try products to give the illusion of thicker hair.

• Try egg and tea on hair

What Girls Said 8

• It doesn't make it thicker, but you could use hair volumizing shampoo and other hair products to make them look more voluminous.

• Nah. I don't believe there is. You can make it look more volumized with certain products but that won't change the actual thickness of your hair. Any pills and stuff like that is probably useless as well, only used to gain money off of people's insecurities, and only works as a placebo (you'll think your hair feels thicker but it doesn't). Just learn how to work with what you've got, buy some volumizing products and learn how to fluff up your hair.

• This wouldn't make it thicker but you could try volumizing powder to make it appear thicker

• Hair capsules perhaps?

• Like hair, skin, and nails?

• Nope they're just for hair. You should consult a hair stylist. Don't use the ones for skin or something.

• Also applying aloe Vera with olive oil really helps in hair growth.

• You can also braid your hair and then unbraid it the other day and it'll look thick and bunchy

• Take biotin. It's a vitamin that helps hair grow thicker and stronger

• -Don't dye it. (;_;)
    -Scalp massage.
    -Argan, olive and/or coconut oil
    -Wide toothed comb instead of paddle brush.
    -Omega 3 capsules.
    -Avoid washing it.
    -Use alcohol free products.
    -Avoid heat.

• My hairs thin someone told me to use coconut oil and leave it in over night. Also to use this shampoo called vatika virgin olive. It's great coz I can feel the difference. Try it no harm in trying. It's working for me feels like my hair feels a bit thick