Girls, why do I keep getting split ends?

I really want to grow my hair. I just got a trim. I have been using hair scissors to trim split ends but everyday I find dozens more. I've been trying to take really good care of my hair.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to ask yourself these questions. Do I use color? If so it's damaging. Do I straighten my hair all the time? If so that's damaging. They put my hair up in a ponytail all the time a tight one? That can be damaging as well. Do you use the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair? Do you use deep conditioner? Do you comb your hair when it's wet or do you brush your hair? Cuz only a wet brush should be on your hair if it's what otherwise it should be a wide-tooth comb. Are you getting enough hair cut off when you go get your hair done?

What Girls Said 3

• apply oil to your ends... don't use too much shampoo on your ends... don't use too much heat on your ends

• Agree! Some more tips on how to treat split ends:
      - Do not sleep with wet hair;
      - Sleep on silk pillowcase;
      - Protect your hair from the sun;
      Here you can find more info on this topic therighthairstyles.com/.../ .

• Maybe that's just your hair texture - won't grow any further and it splits easily. If you use a hair dryer- that can make it worse... Or any kind of hot tools on it.

• Your hair is damages. Try a deep conditioner at the ends of your hair at least twice a week