What do you think of these blonde dreads on dark hair?

I really love this hair style. I also have dark hair so with synthetic dreads it would look a lot like this. What is your opinion of this hairstyle?

Not sure if this matters but I'm Caucasian

Most Helpful Guy

• Really not a fan. Especially for the girl in the picture, I feel like her face is so pretty and fits a canon, only to have the hair completely detract away from those features. I think she would look so much better with her natural hair, and potentially up instead of down.

I can't imagine so many facial types that suit this kind of hairstyle.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow... Love them. =)

• Me too ^_^ I'm a little nervous to get it done because it's such a drastic change but I think I'm just gunna say screw what everyone thinks and go for it. I'm just curious what people think though.

• Oh, I'd go for it. They're so different, but don't look odd at all, just very appealing and cool. =)

• Thank you for the mho! =)

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 15

• I think it would look alright - however, you need to know that a lot of people will consider you (a white person) wearing dreads as cultural appropriation. I don't personally like it when a non-POC wears dreadlocks, but I'm not about to tell people what to do. It would not look bad, it would look good, but, over all wouldn't put off a good statement about you. I highly doubt you mean to offend, or upset anyone, but, over all it's never a good idea to do something that is seen as cultural appropriation. Whatever you chose, I hope you enjoy doing something new with your hair - just take note if you do chose to have dreads you're making a statement bigger than just changing your hair, and not a very positive one.

• I don't like them on Jhene but I've seen it in other girls with darker complexion (nc42 nc45) and I think it looks really unique makes them stand in the crowd even more

• I don't like it at all. I think it looks like dog poop that dried in the grass.

showbizgeek.com/.../...-2013-08-02-at-13.32.47.png

• White people had dreads too. its isn't just a black thing. And yea they are cool im white and thinking about getting box braids with wave and having some blonde in their as well. You like them. get them.

• I was thinking about doing long black box braids too I love the way they look. They look egyptian to me or something. Super pretty!

• I think it looks really cool! I haven't seen it before so it seems unique but really pretty at the same time. I think you should definitely try it!

• I like it on her
    dunno about ya :P

• They are not real dreadlocks. So go for it... If it looks bad, you won't lose much by taking them out.

• I think you should do what you want and don't give fuck what anyone else thinks 🖒

• nah i prefer darker colored dreads

• They look alright.

• eeeeeeeeew

• I think it's a cool look

• I think you could do better than that

• I'm not a huge fan, but it's entirely up to you.

• Do not care for it.