On a scale of 0 to 5, how good are you at applying makeup💄?

Girls (and maybe guys?)

I would give myself a 3.
I'm decent but there is a ton to of things I don't use and don't know how and why to use like primer, bronzer, any type of eyeshadow thing, falsies, highligther etc

I know the basics lol but want to learn more, it's depressing to see that the girls (that i follow on insta and YouTube) doing flawless fierce make up and contouring are like 17/18 😱!

1|0
47|13

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• Haha minus two... don't eve let me touch your face or you're in trouble :o
    Even if you'd let me paint your toe nails you could get dotted ankles :-(
    Not only no experience with make-up but I'm also clumsy I'm afraid :o :o

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely a 6 😏😏

1|1
    0|0
  • Zero or One. Never actually did it but I have imagined myself doing it. I did not look good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can name some of them/one of them. Concealer and I think there's one that makes your hair look thicker.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm quite good at drawing when I have to though so I think I could probably figure it out if I had to?

• 1-2
    I'm not COMPLETELY clueless, I've got a decent I rea if what everything's for and how to use it, but if it actually came to it I probs wouldn't do it very well

Although I'm not bad at nails 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • I would like to learn how to makeup people, but dunno how to start.
    What's the basics?

0|1
    0|0
  • Lmfaooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Never tried it, no idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Um not make up but maybe acne cream

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh 0 I don't wear makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • 0 because I am a guy :D

0|0
    0|0
  • 3. Kinda like you, I don't know about the complicated stuff but I know how to do the basic stuff well.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 46

• yeah i'd say 3 as well. i mean i can create a nice look and can execute some of the techniques fairly well, but I'm by no means an instagram makeup guru. i ain't got time to apply 40 products on my face -.-

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm about a 4.3

My sister always asks me advice on brushes to buy and makeup to buy, because I generally know my stuff as far as that is concerned (hello, YouTube). But when it comes to advanced stuff like contouring I have no clue.

Mostly because I've never tried it before. On account of hating when girls contour their face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick is pretty much all I use. With those 3- I'm a 5.

Anything else - Too low to say aloud. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a Beauty Therapist so I'd like to think I'm competent at applying makeup 😮😊 I'm always experimenting with makeup though. Trying new application techniques and new products 💅💄

0|0
    0|0
  • 4.5 maybe? Im a cosmetogist and Im a makeup aritst. So pretty much professional but of course no one is perfect.. haha But I would do anyone's makeup nicely even you woke me up at midnight.. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say I'm a 4. I do a pretty decent job but sometimes I have trouble with my eyelashes, they just won't curl or stay curled lol. I need the curled eyelashes and mascara because I have mono lids I need it to brighten up my eyes or else I look half asleep or near dead lol.

I don't use a lot of stuff too. I don't really use bronzer, stuff for eyebrow, sometimes eyeliner and all that contour stuff. Some of them I don't think I need and some i"m not good at putting on and risk ruining all my hard work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not good at all! Thank god I don't wear much or often. If it's a formal event, I have a girlfriend who's really good at hair and make up and she always helps me out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only know the basics. I'm lucky I have a friend who's a make up artist and if I have a show or something like that she will do my make up. She's the coolest, she can make you look like a princess or like you just got your face destroyed in a car accident. It's crazy what she can do... if she's a 5, I'm a 2.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe a 3.8 i've got a steady hand but i can't perfect contouring or winged eyeliner. i also do makeup the way *i* like, not the trendy way

0|0
    0|0
  • like a 3.5 maybe a 3.75

0|0
    0|0
  • i know a few basic stuffs... no contouring and such thing

0|0
    0|0
  • 3.5 or 4/5 lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I am barely a 2
    I don t even know how to put eyeliner decently
    reason why Idon t put much makeup on. it s such a hassle xD

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd give myself a 4.5. I can apply makeup like a pro but I don't do it very often. But I'm the one my friends go to for makeup advice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm gonna give myself a 4 overall. 5 if we are just talking normal and not super artistic but unbearable things

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty good at it. I'd say a 4.
    Like people actually come to me to get their makeup done.

0|2
    0|0
  • 3.5 on a good day!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say I'm a three. I know how to do a lot in theory, I just haven't had much chance to put it all into practice. But what I know I can do in my sleep.

1|0
    0|0
  • By the scores everyone is giving themselves and why, I'd give myself a solid 4.5/5
    I'm definitely not perfect but I know why products are used and how to use them pretty well.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3/5 lol. I know the basics, but I've never taken the time to learn new things. I don't really care because I think I already look good without makeup. I hate those heavy looks they do nowadays.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather prefer not to give a number, thugh I would say that I'm pretty good at it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm amazing at it and I've had friends that asked me to do their makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • like a 4/5

0|0
    0|0
  • I would give myself a 3 as well. I don't use many products, so I've never even tried to apply a lot of things :o

0|0
    0|0
  • A three at best. I apply the basics like concealer, eyebrow pencil, blush, and bronzer then I am good to go. If I am going somewhere, I might wear eyeliner and lipstick. I am a master at applying the basics so it only takes me five to ten minutes at most to put my makeup on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm at least a 4. I have been wearing make up since I was 11 so I have had years of practice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm very good at. There are really professional people out there, I'm not their level yet. I think I'm a 4.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a 3!!

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 I tried to once put eye shadow on but it didn't look good on me cause it didn't show up real well on my eyes and I endid up looking same but I I'm good at putting on lip stick and Chapstick and lipgloss

0|0
    0|0
  • You have nothing on the minus side. lol hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls