What is a black girl to do about pools?

I'm black. (Pretty bold, huh?) I have a Beta trip and at the hotel there will be a pool (and my crush). I need to manage not messing up my hair at this pool (or in front of him). I need to know what to do to keep my hair looking nice without braids because I don't have time for that type of stuff.

When my hair dries it tends to be unflattering and I'm not down for that plus I can't do anything about it until I get to shower anyway so is there something I can do ahead of time to ease the process and that will help in the long run?

We're leaving on Monday so I do have time to put products in but I don't have anyone to do my hair so I gotta leave it natural-ish. (I straighten it and I might relax it but I'm still debating that. (I know that it would be a waste if I relaxed my hair and then went swimming but that's why I'm debating it.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only thing I can think of is a swim hat/cup.

Most Helpful Girl

• Corn rows with the curls at the end or you can do corn row and a detachable ponytail. With that you can pin it down and wrap up tight in a spiral pattern and secure with a ponytail holder. It'll be heavy af when it gets wet but it shouldn't fall off if you secure it well enough. The wider you're able to disperse the hair piece around the back of your head to pin down, the weight of the water will be easier to bear on your head. When you're ready to come out you can wrap it in a towel for a while to soak up as much water as you can until you're able to get back to the room and untwist/unpin it slowly and blow dry.

What Guys Said 2

• Remember, you're your own worst critic.. your hair is probably not as bad as you make it. But if you really feel that way, you could just style it, if you brought/bring something to do so.

• I once talked to a black girl.

What Girls Said 4

• I feel ya, I've had the same problem many times. Lol :) Maybe get a swimming cap, like from sports chalet or some place with bathing suits & sports wear to keep ur hair dry. Or you could get in the water & keep ur head above the water, and put a scarf over ur hair, like wrap up ur hair. :) I feel these are your only two options or just get it wet & bring all ur hair products & straightener.

• maybe get a swimming cap

• I have natural hair now and my curls just become looser when I'm in a pool. All I can say is to use a cap. I mean do you have time to get 2 braids or cornrows at least?

• I'm black and I have no idea. I swim a lot and wear a swimming cap👀