Can these bathing suits be a good alternative to a bikini at the beach?

I'm sensitive to the sun, but still want to look good :) what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• Looks sort of like a wetsuit. It does retain some of the feminine shape, and it would probably draw eyes to you, but mostly because it's different to the norm.. I'd think. It's better than to damage your skin though. ^.^

• Sure! They are all fine.

• For sure but I'm sure you could find something a little more comfortable. I think those are used for when your surf and in the water. Not hanging out at the beach. Why not some really good sunscreen and those loose shirts that ladies wear over their bikinis?

• For surfing I guess but no if you're hot wear a bikini or gtfo lol

• They're wetsuits not swimsuits.
    as long as you spend time in the water surf/body board or a weight board even a kayak.

yes they look good but you shouldn't care what anyone else thinks as long as you want to where it that's all that matters.

• Does bathing suit really matter that much? Why not just be you and wear what makes you comfy.

• No cause guys can't perve on you as much

• It looks more appropriate than the two piece bathing suit.

• Yes! They're lovely! They would accentuate your figure so much more than a bikini would 😍

• Lmao way coveted for bathing OP, seems like they going to parachute lol

• Nope WTF? :-)

• Why not? They look fine to me.

• Lol just bring a surf board

• why are the arms so long but the legs so short?

• You would be rocking a major camel toe in them

• That's what I thought. They look pretty tight around the bottom, while they don't seem to be very adjustable.

• Yeah they still look good except 3rd one. What about your legs surely be sensitive there as well.

• Yea if you have sun issues, they still look good and fashionable.

• Long sleeves at the beach?

• they can be, but you won't look as hot

• I like the second one, that ones nice

• ye if ur surfing

• why can't you just wear a high spf sunscreen?

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 19

• i think they're cute.

• I think those are neoprene suits no? In that case you might get a little hot but if you're near the sea where the temperature of the water is generally quite low I think you're good.

• Hmmm I hadn't thought of that, the water isn't terribly cold, but I'll be just hanging under an umbrella most of the time anyway lol

• Well if you're gonna use a parasol why not just go with a regular bikini or bathing suit?
      My skin is über pale hence sensitive to the sun as well but I'm always getting away with sun screen (waterproof if I'm gonna get wet) SPF50 & staying in the shadow if I can.

• Yes, they can, but realize they will be very hot, certainly the black ones. They are made to keep you warm in cold water. Think its better to wear a bikini or bathsuit and put a long t-shirt or equivalent over it.

• Yeah someone else here said it would get hot, but if my legs are not covered, think i'll be ok? Have you worn one before? Are they actually too hot?

• Only when surfing, but then you wear them to protect yourself from undercooling. So yes, I think they are hot. It started heating already when I came out of the water.

• Are your legs not sensitive? They look hot, like you would be hot in them, not sexy... they look quite nice though.

• yeah my legs are equally sensitive, but I felt if I covered my legs I would get way too hot lol...

• They're pretty sporty, I'd expect to see a surfboard or water skis next to you. If it were me I'd probably just have a big hat, some Jackie O shades, spf 50+ and a tunic or cover up like this
    fashionsup.com/.../beach-cover-ups-tunic.jpg

• To me, they seem to be very athletic, the kind of swimsuits someone would wear to do sea sports, not too fancy. Of course, it depends on your taste and the kind of accessories you'd combine them with. I saw a video the other day with really elegant swimming suits, that offer extra coverage, check it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdbcurU0Cl0

• Gotta do what ya gotta do.

But it would look more legit if you carry a surfboard with you. 👍

• For surfing, but if you aren't surfing or diving, there's no reason to wear that. Certain swimsuits are made for certain times. I have a one piece but I only use it for swimming at the gym pool. If I went to a beach or community pool, I'd were my bikini top and swimming trunks. Yes, that's what I wear. Don't judge. You'd be surprised how many guys think that's sexy. I know I was.

• they are good , specially the second one

• I have a sensitive skin too, so I usually were a normal swim suit (no bikini). When I'm on the beach I wear a dress and I carry an umbrella, and when I'm swiming I try to keep my shoulders under water. I never had a problem so far, its more work but I get to wear nice swimsuits and I dont fet too hot! I know its hard to deal with sensitive skin in summer. Good luck!

• The first one is cute. are you that sensetive that you can't use SPF 50 and be okay?

• Heat stroke...

• really? are they actually that hot? I just saw it in the store and thought they looked cute... have you worn one before?

• Yeah, I recommend a white one. That's if it's really hot, because you sweat a lot in wet suits, so be careful. Even while in the water take plenty of breaks in the shade.

• What about just a coverup over a swimsuit?

• I'd think you are a surfer

• Yeah you'll look like a hot surfer.

• No I don't like them at all

• Number 3 is cute.

• I've seen people in them.

• Yes :) I think those would be very cute.
    Where did you find them? I have been looking for something like that as well.