Ebay: Will I be able to sell this on Ebay or will I be accused of "fraud"?

Many years ago I purchased a counterfeit item. I want to sell this on Ebay however not claiming that it is the brand. For example - if it is a fake Chanel scarf, can I sell it as just a normal scarf? Without the intention of deceiving people into believing it’s a real Chanel scarf.

Most Helpful Guy

• Go ahead an make sure people know it's not legitimate. Very likely eBay will remove the listing anyways. Had a girlfriend that tried selling her old Coach bag and eBay flagged it. It was legit but someone ass reported it.

• That's ridiculous!

• Although I must admit, I've sold a few items on there and bought quite a few things and never had an issue.

• It's hit and they focus on specific problem brands. A Louis Viton scarf for example might get flagged.

What Guys Said 1

• As long as you make a complete disclosure of the truth, it will be a legal transaction.

What Girls Said 3

• Sell what you want on eBay who cares there are people who sold bags of vomit supposedly from celebrities and pieces of chewing gum. If you say it is just a normal item and it isn't branded and it is sold for a reasonable price how are they going to know.

• If it's in the UK and you sell it under false advertisement you could get prosecuted for either the Misrepresentation Act or the Consumer Rights Act because the description does not match the product.

In other words to avoid any problem the description advertised much match the product.

• Yeah just write thats its an imitation of the scarf.