Why do most guys not wear a tie when they dress smart?

like the guys below
why do most guys not wear a tie when they dress smart?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• Because we hate that top button buttoned up. It chokes us out

• Dress smart? Ties suck and they are frustrating, and an old style of dressing up. For guys, wearing those mice clothes is a pain in the ass. It might be a pain in the ass for girls, but they usually love dressing up, or at least like it more than guys.

• Plus we have Adams apples, those make neck things hard to wear

• i guess guys prefer their necks to be naked and so it does not affect their deep voice

• Hahaha, Maybe, but it wouldn't really effect the deep voice

• because they are annoying asf and I don't think they add anything to the looks. I'll avoid them at all costs lol

• there's nothing practical about ties. Just a piece of cloth we tie around our necks.

• It really depends on the circumstances of the situation, and what the opinion calls for.
    Might not wear a tie to work but I would to a wedding...

• Based on the pictures you posted I'd argue a tie wasn't called for in any of those situations. I see a tie as something for a more formal setting whether business formal or formal as in white tie, black tie, lounge, etc. All of the pics above I would classify as no more formal than business casual.

• I always do but sometimes it chokes me.

• Most guys don't even know how to wear a tie.

• Its constricting , you always have to adjust it, But with a business formal suit, I would never go without a tie.

The guys you posted don't look like they are going to a business conference.

• do you normally open your shirt collar?

• yeah but its because the fits , slim fit, regular fit, all don't really fit my body. I have wide shoulders, slim waist and bigger than normal chest.
      I think the only button up that fits somewhat good I have was like 300 dollars.

• I dont need to, I'm hella jacked and look like freaking hulk

• Because they aren't comfortable a lot , I only wear them for an occasion

• i always do.

• Well, I wear ties for work if that counts?

• That's a good question but I think it's because the suits and ties thing is kinda doing off and wearing jeans and a t shirt is more acceptable in the work place.

• I don't wear a tie on Blazers because I feel like it. If u & others don't like, I don't give a shit.

• You can't just dress smart, you either are or you aren't.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...952e4410a7.jpg
    Also because extra flair BS is going out of style, with men anyway.

What Girls Said 6