Boys, is a bikini ok to wear at my wedding?

I have seen a lot of women wear white bikinis instead of dresses. Mostly for beach weddings. Mine is more formal, but I was thinking of walking down the aisle in a fancy bikini. Do you think my fiance will like that? What would you think if your girlfriend/bride did that?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• Show it off!

Let all the hypocrites know marriage is supposed to be sexy, not a freaking eulogy.

Maybe something see-through, like a skirt made from a white mesh, and have your fancy bikini under there.

• Oh yeah, are you designing this yourself? Or are you having someone else design it?

Just wondering.

• I am designing it myself but hiring someone to make it for me. Thanks for your opinion. I have in mind a very elegant white lace bra with beautiful sequins and beads. The bottom will be white panties with a lovely heart emblem on the front waist making it a v-shape plus decorative sequins. My veil will attach to my hair clip in the back and I'll wear a tiara. I'll have my garter on my leg.

• I wouldn't like that at all. I want my wedding to be classy, were she wears a wedding dress and I wear a suit.
    No bikinis.

• Thats not appropriate for a wedding. You'll hate it in 30 years as well

• It depends on what your husband wants, personally I would like a traditional wedding where she is wearing a formal wedding dress.

• I guess. Personally, I think a bride should wear the wedding gown of her dreams. I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I would like my wedding gown to be a bikini. Thanks for the feedback.

• For a beach themed wedding that would be okay. A traditional dress would just be too hot!

If it were tastefully done, then I would be okay with that.

• i wouldn't mind if my partner wanted to wear a bikini. id rather that than something formal and stiff.

I was actually just talking to my brother about it today as we have been invited to so many friends weddings over the last few years. they're all so boring and they're mostly in the summer... heat+boredom+stuffy suit =sleep lol.

if/when i get married the dress code is going to be casual and the whole thing is going to be relaxed.

• I want a romantic wedding so it has to be a gorgeous dress, when I look at her it will take my breath away. For honeymoon why not ;)

• I wouldn't allow my girlfriend to wear kind of that shit. What? Do you think I'll let her take other mens attention on her pysique? Noway it can't be happen or it will end up with I break some jaws.

• Ahahahahahhahahaha

• Oppss ok if it is on a beach then I think it will be a good idea...
      But see if your boyfriend will like that

• haha all depends.. but ya i could see it working if the situation was right

• I personally love a traditional dress for wedding for myself and for my wife.

• Its your wedding do what ever the h^%l you want.

• Bikini? On your wedding.. I don't know..

• I have a better idea, just be naked.

• yes, but if you're on period dont forget to stick a tampon in your vagina since using pads are bad

• Kinda depends on how you look in a bikini!

• Nah no no way

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 22

• I have literally never seen anyone do that and there is a good reason - it looks ridiculous. It's your wedding and you should do what you want, but most people are just going to find it amusing.

• I think thats well.. different. I would still wear a dress or some sort of clothing, a light nice dress.

• Uh, I don't think that would be cool with the church where you're going to be married.

If you want to do a bikini, have a beach wedding. I saw a beach wedding when I was in Belize, and it was really cool because the bride wore a really fancy bikini with a headdress and the groom was built af.

• I'm not getting married in a church. It will be outdoors in a beautiful park near my house

• Ok, that could work, but a bikini might seem out of place. Just depends on who you are and your family. I personally want the beach wedding in a bikini, so I'm totally into the idea.

• That's a horrible idea and most respectable men would be 100% embarrassed.

• It a very bad idea, even if it's a fancy bikini and it'll cost cheaper than a bridal dress, still a bridal dress is a million times better. It's not normal wedding attire and you might get bad reactions for wearing it. To me the only thing a bride should be wearing is a wedding dress, if she wears anything else she is not a "bride" or doesn't look like a bride.

• You will regret that desicion forever. Don't do it!!

• It's inappropriate for a formal wedding.

If your wedding was casual and at a beach I would advise you to wear a dress to the ceremony and a bikini for the reception.

• I think that's a horrible idea. Sorry.

• I don't think bikini is a nice outfit to Wear on your wedding day.. keep it classy..

• it sounds weird to me

• One word

Tacky

• I would wear a white summer dress instead.

• Don't be stupid lol

• Even if it's on a beach to me that seems quite tacky.

• I can see doing that for a beach wedding, but for a more formal one it may cause whispering.

Especially if it's a church wedding. The officiant may even refuse to perform the marriage.

• noooo no no no nonononono

• A bikini for a beach wedding = puuuuuuufect to me, but NOT for anywhere else.

• That's the worst idea ever.

• Thanks for the opinion. I really love the idea of a beautifully designed wedding bikini. I know you said it's a bad idea, but the idea sounds lovely

• If you want to have a beach wedding, fine. That could work. But if you're doing a formal wedding, your fiancĂ© will leave you at the altar if you show up in a bikini. It's disrespectful to dress ina way that does not fit the venue.

• oh god no don't do that

• Please dont..

• Whatever floats your boat :)

• If you want to lose respect from everyone including him and his family, being looked at as trashy and if you want him to leave that alter fast... Then do it. But honestly it's stupid. His family is going to be there and so it yours I'm assuming but be respectful... Don't be dumb because they'll be like: Son... She's 18. Find yourself an older woman who is mature and classy.
    I guarantee they WILL say that.