What do you think about females being expected to wear heels at work when males get to wear flat shoes?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's wonderful.

• yeah i guess men look attractive in comfortable smart clothes whereas girls have to suffer a little to look sexy. guys are lucky

• well I would trade places with you any day if we could.

What Guys Said 10

• Since when are women expected to wear heels at work? Not any place I've worked. The women almost always wear flats. Off the top of my head I don't recall seeing any women at all wearing heels where I've worked. Even places like banks they wear flats.

When it comes to more formal business dress, yea men and women have different norms. Both norms are pretty stupid. If I can't wear jeans then I don't want to work there.

The hippie generation rejected all that BS. Unfortunately some of it has crept back.

• Why do you bring up men? Why don't you bring up your health? So if men had to wear heels, you wouldn't care?
    Don't try to find sexism where there's none, cause men have to wear ties, long pants, and men shoes aren't comfortable either.

• I don't think women should have to do that. A woman can look very professional and not be wearing heels. For me, it's actually more professional looking if she's not wearing high heels.

• You're massively obsessed with heels.

• Are they actually expected to wear them?

• i've had to wear 5 inch heels for working in a cocktail bar before. The manager he made all the girls wear really high heels and a choker whereas the guys got to wear open neck shirt, trousers and comfortable shoes

• Do you think you make more money than the male bartenders?

• no, unlikely

• I never heard of that. I have female family members who work in all kinds of different work places. Schools, offices, banks, etc. and none of them wear heels

• It's a choice. A work place is allowed to ask you to wear something within reason. It's just like how men have to wear ties.

• most guys don't wear ties at work so they are more comfortable

• A workplace can ask you to wear them mandatory if they wanted to.

• i dont think its fair, both should be allow to wear whatever is comfortable for the person wearing them.

• Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Like men are sometimes expected to wear a tie and women don't have to.

• but it can be a struggle stay on our toes all day

• Oh yes bars are like that. I was talking more about an office setting. Both my sisters work at companies were there is a 2 inch minimum and none of the women have an issue with it.

• I bet... not had to do that yet..

• I've never heard of that. Where do they force women to wear heels. Most offices I have been in women wear flats.

• i've had to wear 5 inch heels for working in a cocktail bar before. The manager made all the girls wear really high heels and a choker whereas the guys got to wear open neck shirt, trousers and comfortable shoes

What Girls Said 6

• I work in an office setting and no one expects me to wear heels. It's a fashion CHOICE.

• That's a fucked up establishment then.

• I'd rather wear heels anyhow

• Luckily, I am self employed and in the cleaning industry, because I can't even walk in heels, not to mention that I'm 5'7" and the last thing I need is extra height. There is no way I could ever be forced to wear them.

• I think that's not true at all because I was told to never wear them lol

• I think it is ridiculous. Wearing heels hurts and if worn a lot they can cause permanent damage!

• I don't think it's fair.