Why do some straight guys care about fashion?

I can understand gay dudes, but straight guys? How lame.

Most Helpful Girl

• They know how to score, that's why.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• Because they like looking good.

So, you're saying you have no sense of fashion. hahahaha!

• Every male should be able to take equal interest in fashion without being called 'lame'. They may have different interests than you which stray from the crude gender stereotypes that are implemented in our society.

• Because they take pride in their appearance which many girls find pretty sexy too.

• I bet you probably wear the same crusty, ketchup stained shirt with yellow stains under the arms and jeans for 5 days straight.

• Funny, I'm the opposite. I am a straight girl who could care less about fashion. I wear what I like and what is comfortable, regardless of what's in style. I also cut my own hair because I can't justify spending money on something I can do at home and don't care about fancy styles.
    I think everyone is different and some people are just interested in fashion, while others aren't. It's basically just an interest, just like some girls may be interested in cars.

• What's lame about wanting to look awesome? Style can make or break a person, there's nothing weird about straight dudes being fashion-conscious. Not everyone wants to walk around looking like a bum.

• this is a very visual world. Everyone cares and should care about how they look, just don't be obsessive about it. Personally, I probably will not talk to a messy looking guy and girls should always put on some lipsticks ~ It makes people feel better and more confident ~

• No correlation dude

• I find it attractive when a guy has a very nice dressing sense.. 😏

• It's not lame to take care of yourself.

• I like guys who take interest in fashion. Also, many fashion designers are straight men who are in fact probably wealthier than you.

• Lol, wanting to look good is not lame.

• I don't know... they wanna look they best... they wanna dress to impress i guess lol

• we are all different. We each like what we like.

• Not all girls care about fashion so I don't see why it matters. Whatever they like.

• It's personal preference, and I don't see why their sexuality is a part of it.

• It's not lame. What's wrong with wanting to look good?

• It's a trend.

• Some guys like to look good. Fashion is an art form, and maybe those guys appreciate that type of art. I don't see how that's lame.

What Guys Said 21

• Lol... we gotta look good too.. damn.
    Of course straight guys have to care, they just don't care as much nor accessorize as much.

• first off.. way to stereotype. secondly I think you are getting fashion and style mixed up.. a lot of people do. also if a guy does care about fashion, so? What of it? that doesn't make him any less of a man than you. I don't keep up on the latest and greatest in fashion (trust me, my fashion sense is horrible) but I'm currently trying to update my style a little bit, look a little more proper and err "adult" and a little less... high school.

• I don't like it either. I had a bunch of those guys in my class in high school and they were all arrogant, narcissistic, judgmental loved to gossip and backstab and try to put others down to look better themselves. They went to get peelings and always had gel in thei hair and wore skinny jeans etc. When I see guys who care about their looks that much I'm pretty sure they're gonna be douchebags.

• Because... SOME heterosexual guys care about fashion, and clothing, that's why. I agree it is odd, and out of the ordinary, but it's their life. I could care less about fashion myself, but each to their own.

• Would you rather dress like a slob?

• I'm offended at this question. ^

• Bro you got it all wrong. It's not about the fashion it's about impressing the girl you like. For me I dress to impress whether it be professional or personal. I can't stand trends. They are pointless. But when it comes to picking out clothes I gotta have taste. Can't be wearing a hoodie and and jeans all day. Have some class brother. It's not gay. And I'm straight.

• Because fashion is fun?

• Because... it's gets the ladies wet... have you been living under a rock good sir? :v
    Nothing is wrong with dressing good. Don't need to be gay for that lol.

• They could be metrosexual

• Why musn't we care about it? LOL of course I want to follow fashion for myself and feeling nice.

I bet you wear a black-white strained t-shirt now and u are a gay.

• because they dont have an identity or a personality and no sense of style, thats why they need entire fashion industry to tell them what to wear because they can't decide for themselves what to wear.

• obvious answer is obvious.

initial value as a dude (get chicks)
    -> whatever

also some models are hilarious

• So what? I'm straight and I wear what's in fashion for men unless I don't like it

• Because it attracts women. Are you gonna go to a club in a wifebeater and flip flops?

• Appearance is communication.

• I did. Now I save money

• Why shouldn't they? It's a personal interest that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

• I also care about working out and eating right too.

You must be a fat disgusiting slob

• In Europe is common.

• Well I like to look decent... Not sure if that falls in me liking fashion though. Guess im not (i hope) one of those guys. I suppose if a guy cares more about fashion than a girl, than the girl is manlier lol.