Which dress would you wear to a wedding?

The wedding is in October but I'm trying to get ideas now. I don't know if I want to wear a long or a short dress, but these three stuck out to me the most. And would they be appropriate?

• Which dress would you wear to a wedding?
So yeah all this etiquette is so confusing to me. I've only been two weddings and I was young and actually in the wedding. I remember everyone looking nice. Way too many rules lmfao
* So judging from the responses and this wedding etiquette it's going to be harder than I thought find a dress. Ladies what did you wear, if you can remember? I'm not wearing pants, hell no. Short dresses with poofy skirts are out too - I have a bubble butt and the skirt would be way too short in the back. I need something long or fitted if it's going to be short.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• the first one!!! its classy af

What Guys Said 6

• C!! I think with you being black it will really pop and show what you got! Hahah

• C would be good in nice weather, but if it's cold or wet it won't be great
    I feel like the black one is a bit TOO glamorous for a wedding-don't want to outshine the bride 😁
    Overall I'd probs go with red

• What does it matter, it's a few pointless hours of your life...

• Choice A won't go with everything or everyone.

However B you can't go wrong with. Everyone will like. Everyone it will fit.

• I'd go with c

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 20

• Honestly if it's not a black tie affair - and not many weddings are these days, go with C.

The goal isn't to upstage the bride.

• Oh I didn't think about upstaging the bride at all. I just figured everyone was supposed to look nice.

• The third dress seems more wedding-y. Depending on how traditional they are, it might not be acceptable because only the bride should wear something white, right? But if they're not too traditional, I'm sure they wouldn't care, especially because of flowers on the dress. The others kinda look like you'd be trying too hard to upstage the bride.

• I didn't think I'd be upstaging the bride, esp if she's in a wedding gown lol. I just figured everyone was supposed to look nice.

• None lol, the first two seem too formal for a guest outfit and the last one is not only white, but kind of tacky for a wedding, almost not formal enough.

Plus, I'm 5'3 so wearing a long dress doesn't work for me, I'd just look like a midget.

• I'm 5'3 too so it's going to be hard to find something. All this etiquette and what not is so confusing. I have no idea what's acceptable. A sun dress?

• Go with the third one you want to keep it cute but simple you don't want to upstage the bride.

• Never thought about that. Just thought everyone was supposed to look nice.

• I like C a lot and you can't upstage the bride. Plus I think it will look great on you.

• Unless of course you get the theme, and it's black tie I would wear the red dress because it's a nice autumn color.

• Yeah I didn't even think about how it was possible to upstage the bride, especially if she's in a wedding gown. I just figured everyone was supposed to look nice.

• I really like the red one and it's a fall color. If you are worried it will be too fancy, there are ways of dressing down to make it less fancy and more appropriate. Like wearing hair down and wearing simple makeup.

• I like the third one best. The first two are identical and kind of boring.

• Those dresses are all too fancy for a wedding. And they don't seem appropriate for one in October.

• Well what do you wear to a wedding? I thought it was a dressy event.

• Well, I'm sure whatever dress you pick, you'll look beautiful :) have a good time!

• I like the first one especially if you re tanned with black hair it will look amazing xD

• I like the red one!!!

And loloolol to the guy who voted for C

• Lol right!

I really like all three it's just so hard to decide.

• If you're paled skin go for black. But red if you're brown/tan It will compliment your skin and you'll be a show stopper! plus errone likes red. It looks elegant. The last one is casual. And funky.

So I'm set on red :) but it's all up to you. I feel black blends in and everyone will be wearing it!! :)

• I like dress A. It's a good color for the fall and it's really pretty😊

• I don't like 1st and 3rd one, out of those three I would wear second one.

• I vote for B, but maybe in a blue rather than black

• neither of them

• The third one

• What's the theme?

• You shouldn't wear white or black to a wedding. The first too are too much, it would upstage the bride and the wedding party so definitely get a shorter length dress

• How do upstage people in gowns, just asking. And this is so frustating!

• As a bride to be, I know it would make me a little irritated to see a guest in a full length gown or in a white dress. Its just common wedding etiquette, wear something similar to the last choice but in a dark maroon color

• I'd say C! All of them are truly beautiful though

• I voted A, it's a nice Autumn color. B is nice as well. C is too Spring/Summery to me.

• i would say the last one but if its in fall i would wear longer dress

• C I like it