Best treatment (s) for acne scars?

I had perfect skin for years untill I started drinking quite a lot during a period which gave me some nasty zits. They were many close togheter and they were om my cheeks.

So after trying to cover them up and stop drinking so much It slowly faded away, but I was left with, to begin with, dark lump scars, but after 5-4 years I only got dark and flat spots.

I barely notice them and it doest affect my self esteem at all. They have faded a lot through the years, but they are still there and it would be nice to at least reduce some of the scars. Any advice? any creams or treatments that you can recomend that you know works?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know that there are some laser treatments that can lighten the scarring on some of the darker spots. It isn't likely to be covered by health insurance though and will likely cost a couple thousand by the time you've done a few treatments. (it has to be done in cycles)

Most Helpful Girl

• You can try lemon. There are also some creams available in the market.

What Guys Said 1

• I had acne because of enhancers all over my back, my doc told me to not overdo creaks cos itd irritate it and just use tea tree oil once a day and it healed in 2 months

What Girls Said 2

• Try zink-cream. It helps at least for new scars.

• Lactic acid peels.

This is one of the most effective peels for acne marks and you can do at home. You can get it easily online, just make sure you start with 10% or 20% if you have not ever had a chemical peel before.