Is it safe to buy cosmetics on Amazon (makeup, moisturizers etc)?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not sure

Most Helpful Guy

• Why wouldn't it be? The brand would be the thing to lookup if anything.

• Well I've heard they sell watered down products or it's something completely different and in the pictures it will have the well known brand packaging :/

• Like other people said, check the sellers if anything.

• Yeah true :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! A helpful indicator on reliability is to see the reviews on Amazon about it and if you're just buying it from an Amazon seller, see the % feedback of the seller. A good seller has a rating 95% and above.

I buy skincare products and cosmetics from Amazon all the time. From both Amazon UK and Amazon USA. It's reliable. And I've bought Asian products from the sites too no problem.

What Guys Said 6

• Not the same deal, but if you're worried about everything shipping without spilling or getting beat up all the time, I wouldn't worry. As a Warhammer player and model builder, I buy pots of acrylic paint, single paintbrushes, fragile plastic and resin kits on Amazon all the time with no issue. The only shipping issues I've ever encountered are dinged corners on every dang book they mail. So I wouldn't worry about getting dried or unsealed stock in the mail.

• if its from recognised brand, its no different to buying the same product anywhere else.
    if you buy something from a random seller in china, maybe not, but if you're buying a product you can get from other places from a brand/seller you know, it'll be fine

• Yes done it loads of times before

wait what

• probably. I mean. It's Amazon. Plus you get free returns.

• yeah

• No that's how you get the zika virus.

media.giphy.com/media/MKcxSyppSD6j6/giphy.gif

What Girls Said 9

• It depends on the brand and product.

• Amazon tells you who the original seller is for each item, just make sure the seller matches the product.

• Well, my sister bought a primer on Amazon, and after using it, her face was covered in pimples. I think it depends more on that brand than Amazon itself though.

• Yeah, I've gotten my foundations from there. No issues at all.

• yeah just make sure the seller is a known one and the reviews are good

• Some specific things yes, others no. Higher end make up I'd go go sephora

• Had no trouble. Same brands as anywhere else, plus reviews.

• It might be left on the shelves too long and expire, I've known people who've had it happen. It can change the texture and the safety of the product.

• Depends on who's selling. A vreat tip I received last week was to email the person selling the product, like asking them something about the product or shipment or whatever, and see what their response is. Act upon that response.