Has anyone tried to do ombre hair at home?

i want to dye my hair at home , and i want you to tell me ur experiences and any tips

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done it before but then I've dyed and cut my own hair all my life. I would say get a friend to help you and it does depend on if you want a block of colour (which is easier) or if you want it to do a slow fade. If you want it to fade I recommend a tight tooth comb, get your friend to comb the dye through the bits you want to fade and then apply the dye thicker on the darker bits. Watch YouTube videos too for more help :)

What Guys Said 1

• Noo I'm not a tranny

What Girls Said 22

• Not going to lie to you. unless you know what you are doing properly you will ruin your hair. There are things in life that just pay to get someone qualified that does it all the time and knows what to do and cutting and colouring your hair should br left for a stylist.. or you will have a disaster and have to pay them to fix your hair as well as spend your hard earned money on bottle dies and copper toners and colour strippers

• hell no lol. maybe id try it after i watched the pro do it for me. for the first time though, id go to a hair salon or at least watch a youtube tutorial.

• This is not gonna end well xD Just let a professional to do it. You shouldn't take transitioning to ombre hair lightly, otherwise it will end up looking awful and cheap.

• i had and i regret the 2 times. If you are doing this at home ask a friend to help and buy a good bleach.

• I've done all kinds of things to my hair including ombre. It would depend on if you want to do some colour blending or from your natural shade into a lighter one.

• I have googled what Ombre Hair is... I am that noob when it comes to dying hair, making hair etc. because I use my hair natural, like I just wake up. Lol.

• never tried it

• That's a disaster waiting to happen

• My roommate did. I thought it looked like just a straight line between her natural color and the bleached part, not the gradual color change I thought it was supposed to be, but she seemed fine with it so whatever.

• Ombre is pretty easy, I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos. Basically you're just saturating the ends of your hair and using less product as you go up to your desired faded to natural hair position

• I have never done ombré specifically on myself but I've dyed my hair myself and created a purple-pink ombré on friends. Pretty much the only thing I could recommend is to take your time. Don't rush the process.

• Yes I've done an ombre at home on my hair before. It's really quite simple, get one of the box dyes from shoppers or Walmart that specifically says ombre. You can't really fuck up unless u literally do not blend it, and just slap it on your hair.

• I've done an ombre cake but I'm pretty sure that's not the same thing lol

• Ya but it wasn't evenly covered :/

Get someone to help esp with the back section

• Yes I am and bad idea girl!! Don't even think about it!

• Nope, and I wouldn't want to. It wouldn't look good on me.

• That has huge potential to go terribly terribly wrong. I wouldn't risk it, personally.

• No girl don't take crazy decisions go to a hair colorist

• if you don't want to cut your hair after then DON'T DO IT!

• Please don't haha

• Good luck with that. It's reall tough to get hard if they're not good with hair

• I dye and cut my hair on my own all the time, but ombre is another level of difficulty.
    Don't do that, unless you want the result to be completely atrocious!
    Don't say I didn't warn you.