Do the colors a person wears really tell you something about them? And what's your favorite color on a girl/guy?

I've heard of, or seen a couple of times some articles or experiments saying that a color a person wears speaks a certain thing about one's personality. I find that a bit unrealistic since most of us have colorful closets
... but then again I mostly like all shades of blue more than any other color. And I'm sure some of you prefer a certain color over others. So what do you think? Would it really tell you something about the person? If so, what?
What's your favorite color?
And which color do you prefer on the opposite sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• colors sometimes give insight in to the persons mood. bright colors good mood, dark colors dark mood. but for some they just dont like bright colors, and i'm one of them. with that said i wouldn't turn down a relationship with a great person just because they might like different colors than i do.

• Hmm... now that I think about it. It is somewhat true. I find it hard to wear much bright colors when I feel upset or angry, but they are usually my first choice when I am especially happy

• I think it is but subconscious on doing it. I feel it would be interesting to know if it is or isn't. since I have never looked for any research on it it's just my observations of life.

• Yes it would :D I might look into it. Might be a good research question for my later on required psychology research

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so, yeah. People wearing black are often times different than they seem. I've met (and am) quite a share of the black wearers. (It doesn't apply to emo, metal or goth style though.) people wearing bright colors are often happier to my experience.

• Yes I can see what you mean. So basically whether or not the color is bright tells you about one's mood/personality, not the color itslef specifically (if it's red, blue, green...)

• The color itself matters somewhat, but the brightness of a color says a lot too.

What Guys Said 16

• Blue colors on girls. I like oceanic or deep blues. Pink is also really attractive. It just looks so feminine.

• To an extent it is somewhat true we all have our own styles and favorite colors. Can you tell someone's personality from only their casual cloths probably not. However you can tell what someone is feeling like if a girl suddenly starts wearing more brighter cloths with pink hearts on it instead of her usual darker clothes then she might like someone. If a guy wears more dressed up clothes then he might be trying to impress a girl. Things like that are somewhat easy to figure out.

• I see what you mean, and yes I suppose so. Colors sometimes can reflect our corrent emotions. I mean I find it hard to imagine someone who is feeling very cheerful to pick the color black to wear that day. What you're saying rings true

• Nah not really.

• I like Emerald green on my girl, contrasts her hair well.

I dont mind a little black dress, but if she's wearing black 24/7 then im not interested in someone so boring.

• I can understand. Although black is an interesting color to pull of, one would get bored of seeing it too much.
      And yes, sometimes one would go with the color they find more complementing on their partmer, like your case with emerald green :D

• They tell you something.
    Specifically what kinds of colour they like to wear!

• Purple is the best color.

• "you have a deep need for emotional security and to create order and perfection in all areas of your life, including your spiritual life. You also have a deep need to initiate and participate in humanitarian projects, helping others in need." Or at least, that's what the source suggests lol

• my favorite color is Black.
    I prefer red for the girls

• The brighter and stranger the colour of their hair, the more toxic and poisonous they are. You should stay away.

• Haha I was mostly referring to clothes' color choice, but I can see you are quite traumatized by bright colored hair on girls 😀

• I wear purple often. What does the internet-list-of-standards say about me, my personality, how I drive and how I take my coffee?

I like dark red on women.

• Haha well it seems like "you have a deep need for emotional security and to create order and perfection in all areas of your life, including your spiritual life. You also have a deep need to initiate and participate in humanitarian projects, helping others in need."

And red does seem to attract men and women

• My favorite color is green, and I like girls in pink.
    I think a person's favorite color might tell quite a bit about that person. I could also see liking shades more than tints and vice versa revealing personality traits.

• Perhaps so, and liking green suggests that "you have a deep need to belong, to love and be loved, and to feel safe and secure. You need acceptance and acknowledgment for the everyday things you do for others - just a 'thank you' is sufficient"

• (Caughs), you're welcome

• Haha anytime XD

• I like wearing green
    I don't know what that says about me

• Seems like you "you have a deep need to belong, to love and be loved, and to feel safe and secure. You need acceptance and acknowledgment for the everyday things you do for others - just a 'thank you' is sufficient". Or at least, that's what the source says haha

• OMG thats so true </3 lol
      PSYCHE! haha I just like green lol

• It's not the colour, cupcake. lol. It's not the colour.

• I can see you hide wise words behind your vague answer, so care to elaborate General?

• You're exceptionally eloquent and intelligent for your age.

I'm confused. lol

• You make it seem as if I am that young. I am only 5 years your junior as you can see. Thank you nontheless. That's a charming compliment :)

Haha good, so was I. Let's leave it at that ^^'

• I wear dark colors esecially black cuz I feel safe in that.
    I like dark green or brown on a girl.

• Hmm though interestingly enough, usually when I see black on people, I usually think they are confident. Sure black usually hides flaws, but it's still not an easy color to pull off :)

• Haha interesting technique. Maybe then people who will truly matter will approach you nonetheless

• Yea, probably😉

• it tells you they bought a shirt. which, well it depends.

i dunno.

• my fave colour on girl is nude

• God help us -.-

• Are they all perverted?

• hmm let me think a sec, not all. only 2% of them aren't. ;) wink

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• I try to mix it up but I'm not ashamed to say I'm addicted to black clothing lmao

I wear a LOT of black and grey and white.

• Haha well black really can show confidence, but mixing it up is better than wearing it all the time :D

• Nope

And I love the color black on guys

And sometimes white

• i like white outfits on boys

• I think style does. Not color