Girls, Are All Bras Underwired?

Girls, Are All Bras Underwired?
Silly question I know. I just wondering if there's an option between sports bras and regular bras? And if there is, which do you prefer? Do they do the same job? (i. e. Lift/Separate/Contain) I suppose I could just google this but I bored and figured I just get the info here

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all have them. Underwire usually helps with supporting the band (the part that goes around you) and helps shape the cup if you need it. I have a relatively large bust (bigger than DD) so I always thought I needed underwire. But I recently tried light-medium support no wire sports bras and they do the trick almost as well as wired ones. Sports bras tend to have more support so I wouldn't dare try a nonwire regular bra.
    The one I like to wear has no wire, keeps my puppies in, lifts a tad bit (all bras pretty much do this), and doesn't let them bounce as easy. I love it. Hope this helps :)

What Girls Said 15

• Sports bra's are not generally underwired. Not all bras separate or lift etc. My sports bra is awful, is squishes my boobs into one mono-boob. It has no underwiring and no padding. Lots of bras have padding built in nowadays which is horrible if you have normal or large boobs, for some reason they assume everyone wants bigger tits.

I hate bras, they fucking suck. The sizing is bullshit, and why can't someone make a bra for DD+ sized boobs that doesn't look like industrial scaffolding and costs under £70?

#brassuckballs

• There are many non-wired bras, they look similar to wired bras just without the thick wire obviously. I don't really have a preference, but the bra I wear one day depends on the type of clothes I wearing, what I'm going to be doing that day, what color I'm wearing that day.

• No, you can get soft cup bras that have no underwire, and that do the same job.
    You will however normally find the smaller breasted women wearing these, as the larger busted woman, such as I, require the maximum support.

• No, underwired is for extra support. I have underwired bras and bikini tops. Sports bras are to hold everything in place, much more like big clamps xd

• There are bras that are not under wired but in my opinion they do not give a lot of support if you are medium or large breasted. Also underwire bras usually have more padding too so your nipples can't be seen through your shirt lol

• Nope

• No they are not.

• no, they are not. there are regular bras made without underwire. they're very uncomfortable. sports bras are pretty comfortable though.

• Nope. Some are even blue tooth. 🙋

• Not all. But all the ones I wear are

• You made it all the way to 36 years of age & don't know yet?

• If I did I forgot and if I didn't my job has always been getting to the boob not studying the wrapper.

• mine is hardwired

• Nope
    Thank goodness

• No, sports bras aren't underwired.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more