Why is the word curvy associated with JUST bigger women?

So when I picture curvy, I always thought of it to be just an hour glass shape. So I thought any girl, fat or skinny, is considered curvy if she has wide hips and a skinnier waist.
So I thought THIS was curvy.
Why is the word curvy associated with JUST bigger women?But the women who are considered curvy are JUST the bigger ones with that shape, and my question is why? Isn't curvy a shape and not a size?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wrong. It's not just associated with bigger women. Literally any size girl can be considered curly because curvy is a shape, not a size.
    The end

PS- can't wait for all the "fat girls stole the word" "fat girls use that to feel better about themselves" comments 😒

Most Helpful Guy

• Because fat people think it's offensive to call them fat.
    In a few years from now, they'll get offended if we call them curvy, and we'll have to start calling them skinny.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah any woman that is over weight to me isn't curvy and just chubby. Though I guess you could say their curvy chubby though.

• It's not... It means any woman with an hour glass or pear shape body. XS or plus size.

• because curvy is a word for making fat girls feel better

• yOU ARE A FUCKING TEENAGE BOY WHY DO YOU CARE

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 4

• many women embellish on how thin they are online. they say curvy for morbidly obese, which is a polite way of saying fat as fuck.

• I associate it with fat women. To me it is just polite terminology.

• Because media play and social agendas.

• Women seem to think they can redefine things to mean what they want and not deal with what they don't.
    Fat=curvy, big boned, thick, bbw etc. Anything to not address the real issue.

F. ucking
    A. te
    T. oo much!