Girls are self-conscious about their weight, Guys are self-conscious about their height?

"Girls are self-conscious about their weight, Guys are self-conscious about their height"

Do you agree?

• Yes, I agree
  • No, I do not agree

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah it is true but only because men generally don't go for fat chicks and women generally don't go for short guys. In my opinion it makes sense that guys wouldn't go for fat girls. If you are fat then it is just not attractive, sex is not good, you are unhealthy, out of shape, less youthful, etc. There are very good reasons not to be attracted to someone fat.

The height thing on the other hand is stupid. Girls have this absolutely mental idea that somehow they need a guy who is taller than them and it is the most shallow thing I have ever heard of. I myself have never had trouble with it since I am 6'3, but the amout of women out there who claim they can't find a good guy and then admit they won't date someone short is just ridiculous. There is really no good reason for women to be like this and thus men ought not to be self conscious about it. Women have arbitrarily made men self conscious about it. Weight actually matters, height doesn't. I know women will immediately disagree but I would love to hear one good reason why height matters that isn't something stupid like "I feel like he can protect me" or "it just feels weird if he is shorter since he is supposed to be the man". These are lame reasons that don't even make sense. Fat is gross and nobody likes it. That makes sense. It isn't the stone ages. Height is meaningless these days, and actually really always was. Someone's height is related to nothing else about them. My guess is that for some reason in our early species it was considered one of those traits that were naturally selected. We are intelligent enough to know that it means nothing and has no relation to physical or mental abilities. Narrowing your choice of potential mates by such a stupid characteristic is just mad.

I want a fit girl because it is sexually attractive and I know we can do physical activities and have good sex and she will remain healthy for longer in life. What good reasons can you give for wanting a tall guy?

• A tall guy would be bigger than you, and give you that feeling of protection. Not too many girls want to tower over their boyfriend, they want their boyfriend to be bigger than them and that includes height.

• Just curious since you don't get why there is emphasis placed on wanting a tall guy, would you date a girl who is significantly taller than you?

• Well as unlikely as it would be, yes I would date a girl taller than me.

and even though attraction is one of those things where we can't explain why we are attracted to what we are very well, I still find it difficult to see how height could be something that makes you attractive or not. face, weight, body shape, muscles, chest, legs, butt, even hair, these all seem to make sense but I don't get the height thing. how is tallness attractive?

how is a false feeling of protection desirable?

What Girls Said 10

• No. There are plenty of girls who are self-conscious about their height and there are probably just as many guys who are worried about their weight as there are about their height.

• not really. A lot of girls care about their height and a lot of guys care about their weight so it depends on the person.

please rate my answer.

• I disagree, it depends on the person. Being a girl who is 5'10 I'm probably more self conscious about my height than weight. My brother is 6'2 and very skinny so he's more concerned about his weight. More a case by case thing than a generalization about all girls and guys

• I said I agreed, except for I don't care about my weight because I'm an athlete and anything I eat just burns away, and if you're an average-height guy, you won't care about your height. If you're like 5'5 though... Yeah you're going to be self-conscious.

• Eh, it goes both ways for each gender. Though I don't doubt that girls worry about their weight a ton. I don't really know much on the guys, being a girl, but I'd say it goes both ways ffor both genders. :P

• True True True,

• Yeah I think that would be true generally

• true for some people, not all.

it really does depend on the person

• ok so for one...im heavier and I like short guys...so no..its false

• the opposite is also true

What Guys Said 4

• no I'm not as tall as other guys , but that doesn't stop me from talking to hot girls when at club or cause me to say I shouldn't try and date her . and by 25 there is nothing I can do about my height so why worry about something I cannot change no matter what .

although I do agree weight is an issue for some girls and something a lot need to work on as the average girl I tend to notice could look a lot better if she tried and actually worked out

• I agree. I mean, I have never once looked at a girl and thought "she would be much more attractive if she was taller or shorter", but I definately see a lot of beautiful girls who would be that much more attractive if they lost some weight or toned up their bodies. even though I would never tell her, I would prefer if my own girlfriend was more fit and she isn't even overweight. her height on the other hand I have never even noticed.

• Yeah that's my thinking as well , height isn't my issue . its there level of fitness and body image that is often an issue . a lot of average girls I notice could be smoking hot if they just went to the gym a few times a week , mean if you could look that much better with a bit of exercise why not do that ?

• Depends on the person. I'm more concerned with the whooping 5'7 that I am more than I am about my weight.

• Yea I agree I'm 5'7 too

• Absolutely, when people ask me "If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?" and I always answer: Taller. I would be happy at 5'9 or 5'10

• Just over 6'0 would be good for me-

• I personally am quite self conscious about my height being 6"3. People longing to be really tall I can't really understand, I'd much prefer to be a few inches shorter! As for the female weight issue, honestly, it's irrelevant in the long run... An attractive personality will always outshine anything else.

• Hahaha what the fucking fuck? Why would anyone be self conscious about their height? Lol