My tattoo is only 10 days old, but I need to cover it asap, what should I do?

So, having grown up with strict parents, I was warned that if I ever got a tattoo, it would present problems in the workplace. Of course, being an adult capable of making my own decisions, I ignored them. At the beginning of this month, for my bday, I got a tattoo, on the front part of my bicep, right on the muscle. At the time, the job I had was ok with tattoos. Then I got a new job, and now l have exactly 3 hours to figure out how to cover this sucker. At work I am not allowed to use bandaids or sleeves. I can only use make up. A lot of people are saying not to put make up on a fresh tattoo, because it could cause an infection. I was thinking that I could put on a liquid bandage and then put the make up on top of that, but people said that was a bad idea too. My tattoo isn't exactly fresh, its 10 days old. I don't have any other options right now. Any advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Of course, being an adult capable of making my own decisions, I ignored them." Being an adult doesn't mean that you automatically ignore the advice of your parents.

It looks like you are screwed and. . . guess what. . . your parents were right.

• I think you need to go outside more and open your eyes lol.

• "They said if I got a tattoo, it would cause problems in the workplace! I sure proved them!"

• @Fearless_banana You think I am unaware of how many young people get tattoos? So what? Does that change the fact that your parents warned you about repercussions with employment, you said a silent 'fuck you' to them, now you are experiencing exactly what they warned you about, and you act like the only important thing is that you acted independently?

Okay, you are an adult, you made this decision all by yourself, and you did what you wanted to do. Congratulations!

Most Helpful Girl

• @fearless_banana - I don't know shit about tattoos. Advice?

• That's tough because she only has 3 hours. I mean just a quick google search showed this...
      www.google.com/

__

As to you putting makeup on a fresh tattoo. That is a bad idea. You could irritate the tattoo which would make it much more susceptible to an infection. You have to look at your tattoo as a fresh wound because that's exactly what it is.

• @Fearless_banana - Suggestion (s) as to covering it up?

• She shouldn't it's still a fresh tattoo. Only way to really do it without it looking ridiculous is to get a tattoo concealer.

What Guys Said 10

• This should be a cautionary tale, but it probably won't be.

• ... So you're parents were right.

• Do you mean that you're not allowed to wear long-sleeve shirts? If that's the case, I have no idea, sorry, I don't have any tattoos and I don't really know of any ways other than clothing to cover them up.

• You can't wear a bandaid to work? I was going to recommend an ace bandage. Seems odd that your employer would disregard safety like that.

• Just claim discrimination if they try to fire you over it.

• yeah that won't work. they give her the option to cover it up. i'm sure the company has a dress code in their handbook that she agreed to follow when she accepted employment so she forfeits any right to claim discrimination since part of her employment depended on her agreeing to the employee handbook rules

• "Of course, being an adult capable of making my own decisions"

Yeah... I'm gonna say that's a negative.

• How? Am I now any less of an adult because I got a tattoo? Your opinion is invalid

• @polocrew can help, he is zyzz tier in tattoos or so he says

• Bad sedition you made there, no help for that one.

• This is unfortunate. All I can say is to take this as a lesson.

• Get rid of it.

What Girls Said 11

• Just put make up on it however use new never opened makeup and new applicators to start. Use that makeup only for your tattoo. Use a new applicator evrry time u ou apply. Clean the area before you apply and after you remove the makeup. Or te them you sprained your wrist and go buy a brace that covers it.

• Wear long sleeve.

• you are going to infect the shit out of it if you put stuff on it. I don't know what to tell you but imagine having an open wound on your body and then pouring foundation and concealer in it. That is what you'd be doing

• Makeup on a fresh tattoo... good god no. The infection will be dire. Why aren't you allowed sleeves? Gotta learn from this, don't risk your health by putting makeup on a fresh tattoo. That will be killer.

• Did they explicitely say that tattoos are not allowed at work? It would surprise me. Unless you hade a job as company representative at a reception or as secretary.

• So how did this turn out? I'm not being sarcastic - I'm actually curious. Also what kind of job doesn't allow sleeves or tattoos?

• Turns out my job didn't really care. I made assumptions about what they allow based on a training video I was shown. I seemed to care more about covering it than my actual job did. I asked my manager and she told me that she could barely notice my tattoo under my sleeve. I told her that when I reached out, it was visible, and she told me that it wasn't a big deal and that covering it was my decision.

• I'm probably too late but you should buy some Kat Von D foundation. It's used to cover tattoos a lot and I've heard a lot of great things about it.

• I definitely wouldn't cover it or put anything on it you will catch an infection. It can take 2-3 weeks for it to heal properly and it need to be able to breath or bacteria will grow causing the infection.

• they make adhesive stuff for that

• A job that does not allow sleeves and band aids? Something sounds very wrong here. No dont put makeup on a new tattoo, dont put your health on the line because the employer is dictating how to look/dress. didn't they say if they allowed tattoos or not before they hired you? Unless you work some strict business job visible tattoos are to be covered, this sounds very odd..

• Bandage it and say you were injured.