How to use Tea Tree Oil for acne?

I've just started using it (used once atm). What I'm doing is Facewash then Moisturizer then after 2-3 hours apply Tea tree oil using cotton bud (before bed). Seems to be working good on the acne but I got some reddish look on my cheeks, don't know if I should be concerned. I don't know what's the best way to use it though. Am I doing it right? Some online article says to apply it before the moisturizer but I'm afraid it might damage my skin as I use oil control moisturizer? Although I have no evidence or idea if oil control moisturizer and tree tree oil have any reaction at all. Please suggest some tips.

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually apply it straight to my acne and marks after washing my face when I'm home. I also apply it to spots after using moisturizer. I think the oil control moisturizer is just a solution for the oils secreted by your skin and won't counteract with the TT oil (don't take my word for it though, just a theory).

What Girls Said 1

• just mix like one or two drops of tea tree oil to some almond oil and apply iy to your face... tea tree oil is strong and can irritate your skin

What Guys Said 0