Do you take your makeup off before you work out?

I don't wear makeup, so I have no idea how this works. I noticed a couple females today at the gym wearing fairly heavy makeup, and it made me wonder. I mean, what about when you sweat.. So do you take it off or leave it on?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wear a lot of make up, just enough to lightly cover up some spots on my face, and line my eyes; nothing too major.

But I also work out a lot, and play basketball, and am sweating, well, a lot.

If you're make-up is water proof, or not too thick, it really doesn't matter if you leave it on. If you just don't rub your hands all over you face and smear it, it's fine d:

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I don't wear make up for the most part, but if I do I take it off as soon as possible (like right after the night out on the town, or the interview, or the wedding, etc.). I usually sweat quite a bit when I work out (if I'm doing it right) and the few times I've had make up on I've sorely regretted it. Better to let your skin breath during a work out I say xD

I also don't understand it when I see girls who wear make up to the beach or pools.

• Well I do not wear any at all in the first place (just like you, high five :), but its a good idea to take it off so that when your glands open to let the sweat out you don't want it to clog your pores.

• I don't but I don't really wear that much make-up. I just wear stuff on my eyes. If I go in the middle of the day I'll just leave it on and touch it up later after I take a shower. It's never like running down my face or anything so it's not that big of a deal.

• yeah. I don't wear makeup at all in the gym

• I always wear eyeliner, mascara and maybe some powder. So for the gym I just keep my eyeliner on