Do you think short girls should be allowed to model?

Most Helpful Guy

• The lack of short girls in modeling is based upon market demand and not arbitrary rules which prohibit short girls from modeling.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, in fact there's plenty of agencies that focus on short or overweight models. Although as a model I do think that most clothes do look better on you the taller you are and lastly it's not about you but about the clothes and how well they look on you.

What Guys Said 8

• Absolutely! I find short girls/women very sexy :)

• Yes i really think they should. I don't understand why it's traditionally taller girls :S

• I think shirt girls should model. Short girls should model lingerie or 2 piece swim suits

• Yes!

• Sometimes

• The cloves have to fit right

• They are allowed.

There is little to no demand for them as regular fashion models. This is not because short women are unattractive.

The job of a model is not to be attractive. The primary job of a model is to make the clothes look good. Taller models are preferred because they visually present as slimmer in photos. People don't realize their height. Beyond that, for standard runway fashion, and I don't just mean big shows, I mean any little fashion show in your local mall, do you think they send a variety of sizes out? No. They send everything in the same size, and expect every model to be THAT size.

• They already are allowed to audition. If they didn't, that would be legally discriminatory. However, it is a simple fact (for whatever reason), that it is a lot harder to make it in the modeling industry if you are short.

It doesn't really make sense, because guys typically find shorter girls more attractive than taller girls. We also typically don't like them as excessively thin as they are. You'd be surprised to know that the same models women faun over and aspire to be like, most men don't find attractive in the spightest.

The truth is, the beauty industry is run by women and gay men. They hire models that fit their idea of beauty, but more often than nog, they don't fit the idea of beauty of the average straight man.

Sorry, that kinda turned into a rant 😅

What Girls Said 12

• Yes, but tall girls make better models.

The main reason models are generally needed to be tall is that they appear to fit the clothing better. For example; take a woman who is 5’4″ and then take a woman who is 5’10”. The woman who is 5’4″ will not display the clothing as well as the woman who is 5’10”. The idea is that the clothing will hang nicely while on the tall individual, as if on a hanger. If an individual is too short the clothing will bunch up and wrinkle, not looking as smooth and flowy as most designers desire. This is the same reason mannequins are generally tall.

• The problem is, most clothing looks better on very tall women with tiny boobs and narrow hips. Easier to make clothing that fits them too. For girls with wide hips, short, etc, clothing has to actually fit properly and be flattering or it won't look as nice. And then they might have to actually make different kinds of clothing for different sizes instead of shapeless potato sacks

• An equal representation of non stereotypical beauty standards should become more tolerated/accepted to mirror the "standard majority"... if nothing else.

• They do model, just no runway modeling.

• They are allowed to model. It's completely up to the designer and what he wants.

• Honestly no, I'm not saying that to be rude because I'm 5'2 but models are meant to be tall and skinny (well plus sized models obvs not but they're still tall) like tall is just the thing for models!

• Yes, there should be a model show for 5'5 and under women.

• it already happens

• Totally. Too bad we aren't 😔.

• Yes and they are allowed

• yes of course.

• I don't have an opinion about this. It's whatever.