Why do I get a headache from wearing a ponytail?

I don't really wear them very often, as I'm not wild about the look and they are uncomfortable, but I have to for work now, and I always end up with a headache afterwards. I've tried not making it very tight (I can only wrap a band around it twice anyway), but I still always get a headache where the ponytail is on my head. It feels like my hair is being pulled. How do I get rid of that feeling and the headaches?

Most Helpful Girl

• either cause its too tight or you're simply not used to it

• I don't think it's too tight, and I really can't loosen it because I can only wrap it around twice anyway or I would just be sliding my hair through the band, which wouldn't work.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Try using scrunchies. I use them for pony tails most of the time, but sometimes a regular rubber band one for working out. The are less likely to pull your hair out too when you let your hair down.

• you're probably pulling your hair too tight. loosen it up and wear it higher on your head

• I can't really make it any looser because I can only wrap the band around twice, so I would just be pulling it over my hair if it were any looser. :(

• Cuz it's too fucking heavy or its too fucking tight

• I don't think it's too loose, as I can only wrap a band around it twice or I would just be pulling it over my hair without wrapping it. I think it might be too heavy, but I don't know what I can do about that.

• If your hair is too long you gotta cut it

• It's not really all that long, but it's really thick, I've been told. It only reaches a few inches below my shoulder blades when pulled out straight, so I guess mid-back at longest.

• Don't wear ponytails, or fight the headache and wear them more often to get used to them. They're probaby occurring because there's so much weight on the top of your head due to the ponytail

• I don't know if it's because I'm not used to it or what, but I have to wear them for my job. I'm more excited to take it down than I've ever been to take off a bra. I don't know if it is because I have a lot of hair, as I've been told my hair is very thick, or what. Should I maybe consider getting it thinned?

• I've also always hated wearing anything on my head though, so maybe I just have a sensitive scalp too? I'm not sure, but I hope it goes away!