What kind of light is better for makeup vanity?

I'm trying to build myself my own vanity table and what light should I get the white one or the yellow one?

Most Helpful Guy

• Both. The yellow one is softer and more like natural sunlight so use that for outdoor appearances. The hard white on is more for indoor settings like well lit offices with fluorescent bulbs. This light can show imperfections and blemishes more readily. This is best for tweezing or popping blackheads or zits.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on your skin color. If you have darker skin, I'd go with the white light, but if you have lighter skin, I'd go with a light yellow bulb. Hope that helped! :)

• I'm an nc42 at mac, which one should I pick?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 14

• White. Definitely. Yellow is harder to see details, and I've always found white light to be much more flattering.

• White always. You'll color correct and end up looking way off if you look in the mirror and appear more yellow than you actually are

• I have white in my room, my sister has yellow in hers, my makeup looks ten times better when I do it in her room so I'd say go with yellow.

• There's actually an iPhone case that's pretty good I hear.
    www.urbanoutfitters.com/.../productdetail.jsp

• Get white vanity lights, it's a tad better.

• Something meant for artists, like a bright white or a true color light.

• I was thinking about getting my lights from ikea, do you think I can find some true color lights there? I know that they have a vanity mirror themselves but is sold out on my ikea

• You should be able to find true color bulbs at your local hardware store, in the size you need.

• yellow light..

• white

• go for the white one!!

• i like yellow because white washes me out

• They always use a white light.

• White one

• White one

• What da fuck is makeup vanity