Opinions on pixie cuts?

I want to get a pixie cut, but am mainly holding back due to my fear that I don't have the complimentary facial structure for such a short cut. I'd just like some opinions on whether or not it may be a bad idea or not.

These photos show the type of cut I'd want:
Opinions on pixie cuts?

• Great, chop it all off!
  • Keep your hair longer
  • No opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• In terms of 'pulling it off', facial structure matters somewhat, but body matters at least as much. You need to be thin to have short hair. You need to be waifish to have a pixie cut. And if you're going pixie cut short, unless you have really, really pretty features you sort of need to wear makeup regularly.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had long hair for eighteen years, for religious and social reasons. When I finally decided I wanted a short cut, I had loads of people telling me that my face was too round, I would look fatter, and worse. In spite of it all, I got it done anyway. I absolutely adored it, and I've been told it makes me look sexier and more mature. Since then, I've cut it again and gone shorter. I don't regret it, and I think every woman should give short hair a try.
    Consult a couple of hair stylists about the change you want to make, and ask what they would suggest. With their advice, go for it! If you don't like it, you don't have to do it again.

What Guys Said 26

• They are ugly as fuck. Seriously getting that type of haircut as a girl is aesthetic suicide. You will go from a 5/10 to a 2/10. Plus it makes you look like a feminist which is never good. Srs OP all of those girls are boner killers.

• Pixie cuts murder your looks.

Its like this--if you take a girl that is beautiful with long hair and give her a pixie cut, she will be cute. Like hepburn.

If you take a girl who is pretty or cute with long hair and give her a pixie cut... she's basically a weird looking boy

• Doesn't look great on all women, I'm not sure if that's the same girl but the second one looks best with it.

• H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE IT hate it hate it.

You see how girls call pixie cuts "cute" that's because they look like boys. There is absolutely no reason to ruin your hair, none. You do not look cute or attractive.

Keep your hair long.

• I don't care for it.

• I dont like pixie, or any other short haircut.

• I like pixie cuts. But you didn't show a pic of your facial structure. Mainly so I could nosey...

• They look good - In pics I like second and last pic the best

• Don't do it...

Why?

What has this dyke cut got to do with pixies?

• If you want to look less feminine.. okay.

• I am not a fan of them at all. I prefer women to have longer hair.

• Pixie cuts are ugly as fuck and I'd like to punch the chick who invented them.

• Short hair doesn't suit that many chicks, itd give you that creepy look if it won't suit u lmao

• Absolutely hate it.

• You want a boys cut... I had one when I was like 5. I didn't like it.

• Pixie cuts are the worst. Don't get one omg. Long hair is so much better.

• Not a fan most of the time.

• I like pixie cuts. They don't work for everyone though. The pictures above are kind of meh

• I don't like it, they look like guys

• Hair grows back

• im just going to be brutally honest; its horrible

• I love short hair on girls but it really isn't for everyone.

• Long hair is much better.

• some girls can pull it off, some can't but long looks better.

• Cute~

• No matter how hot a girl is, pixie cuts are ALWAYS an instant deal breaker.

Cutting your hair is one of the worst things a girl could do to herself.

What Girls Said 13

• i think they're hot, but they dont suit everyone.

• I just got a feathery pixie cut about a month ago, in the summer when it's hot I love it! My guy thinks it looks cute on me (his words), it was a little over shoulder length before he said he liked that but loves my new cut!

He never used to play with my hair or offer to wash it when we're showering together, now he asks me if he can wash it and condition it nearly every time! I kind of like that too. Truthfully, it's always kinda turned me on when he plays with my hair! = }

The reason I got it cut is I'm working a summer internship with my states DOT in the Engineering department, so I'm doing a lot of outside inspection work, observing the Contractors work. So I have to wear a hard hat almost all of the time, it gets hot with a long mane of girly hair. In that respect, I'm glad I got it cut.

All in all, the fact that he loves it soo much is a major bonus that I couldn't have even imagined!! = ]

• I've always been a long hair wipe it type of girl but in result of a terrible salon experienced I had to go pixie and I'm loving it, it's been six month and I have a short bob now but pixie cut is so much fun! I get hit on much more by guys and girls compliment me left and right. I feel like a a badass bitxh! And I changed wardrobe to more of a tomboy look! Rocking the sultry makeup look and honey! Ur a million buck! Instead of crying about it I made it work lol so good luck! Try it before you regret it! I say go for it and oh! Be ready to add a extra 20 mins in the morning for that hair! It does tend to stand up when u wake up. Not the type to wake up to look like sleeping beauty lol

• What's the harm in trying it? If it doesn't look good just grow it out and in the meantime wear cute hats or other accessories.

• They RARELY look good.

• if you have a nice chin and jawline and a long neck there's a chance it might look ok. notice how the women who look good in pixie cuts have those features in common.

• Try to photoshop a pic of you to see the result.

• Pixie cuts are great, I have often thought of getting one

• It depends on the girl. The bottom woman doesn't look good.

• I'm sure on the right person itll look good but I personally don't like them at all.

• I don't like it

• I like pixie cuts when they are longer. But make sure it suits your face.

• That's really cute. You should try it. If you fear you can try with wig it ll give you an idea on what you ll look with a pixie cuts.
    Plus you'll look original, that's so rare for girls to have pixie cuts. I don't understand why so much American hate it. It's pretty popular in my country